What plant(s) built the 1gen Tundras? - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

What plant(s) built the 1gen Tundras?

I was reading an article (with 2009 data) that referred to the Tundra as the MOST American truck. They cited 80% domestic content in a Toyota Tundra with Ford and Chevy being far below that (55-60% as I recall.) The referenced truck was built in Princeton, Indiana.

Anybody know manufacturing history on the Tundra?

2003 SR5 4x4 Access Cab
5100 Bilstien shocks on 3rd notch -- 265/75/r16 Nitto Terra Grappler tires -- Hellwig rear sway bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Re: What plant(s) built the 1gen Tundras?

Here's a bit about the Tundra and the T100.

ToyotaOffRoad.com - History of the Toyota Tundra

"You can lead a smart-ass kid to knowledge, but you can be sure that he'll have to argue with the facts"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Das Jugghead

My soon to be brother-in-law built my truck at the Princeton Plant. Been working on getting an interview down there to see about setting up a rally but not many people seem interested in it. The Princeton Plant now builds the Sienna minivans and I believe the Tundra is only produced in Texas as of now.

355,164 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, Ultragauge, Long Tubes with x-pipe and true duals,stock intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA [COLOR=Black]in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front and rear [SIZE=2]differentials, Cooper Discover ATP tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvbest View Post
Here's a bit about the Tundra and the T100.

ToyotaOffRoad.com - History of the Toyota Tundra
that article makes me miss my T-100

I loved that truck 5-speed + 3.4 was a legit combo, got a company rig and had no sense to keep it. I almost want to re-badge my tundra as a T-100......
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 01:45 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisified View Post
that article makes me miss my T-100

That's an awesome looking T-100! I wouldn't have sold it if I were you...

2005 Tundra SR5 TRD Access Cab (Gone, but not forgotten) Sold with 119,426 miles

2003 BMW 530i Alpine White (5-speed manual)

M5 rear spoiler|M Sport Front Bumper|17" BBS RK Wheels (8.5" front, 10" rear)|Eibach front and rear anti-sway bars|Solowerks S1 Coilovers|Muffler Delete Mod|ZHP Shift Knob|M Sport Steering Wheel Swap
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 03:06 PM

yeah, I would have ditched the Smitty bars and built a set of sliders if I had kept it much longer.

If I'd have kept all my Toyotas I'd need a bigger driveway. I've owned 2 Landcruisers (still have one), Tacoma, Camry, 4Runner, T-100 and my Tundra considering I'm only 30 that's quite a bit.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Forum Admin

Garage

see the attachments in this post: https://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...le-chronology/

New to the forum?

Questions about advertising?

Know the facts about

(click)

Link to Amsoil -->

Be an organ & tissue donor, register at

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Supporter

I know my '05 was built in Indiana :P

R.I.P:

2005 SR5 DC | 6.5" Custom Tuff Country Lift | 35" Hankooks On 17" KMC Revolvers | JBA Headers | Flowmaster 40 Exhaust | QTP Exhaust Cutout |
| VIS Racing Fiberglass Hood | Fabtech Spare Tire Mount | 5% Tint w/20% Tint on Windshield | 4:56 Gears | Truetrac Detroit Locker | And Much More!

New Ride:

5% Tint & 20% Windshield | De-Badged "Lexus" & "ES 350" Emblems | 3M Gloss Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof
Coming Soon: Tinted Tail Lights, HID Hi-Lo & Fogs, Black Emblems/Grill, Custom audio w/15" custom ported box and sub.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Supercharged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjp View Post
I was reading an article (with 2009 data) that referred to the Tundra as the MOST American truck. They cited 80% domestic content in a Toyota Tundra with Ford and Chevy being far below that (55-60% as I recall.) The referenced truck was built in Princeton, Indiana.

Anybody know manufacturing history on the Tundra?
can you please post the article i would love to print it and throw it in quite a few chevy and ford owners faces

07 Tundra Limited DC 5.7 TRD Off Road
All interior leds, led reverse lights, black headlight mod, custom homemade led third brake light, morimoto mini H1 projector retrofit with 5000k hids, 6000k 55w hid fogs, debadged, 2010 sport color matching grill, 2 sundown sd 10s in a fox under seat box, afe stage 2 cold air intake, super 44 flowmasters dumped after rear axel, tundra racing rear flip leveling kit, 22" black rhino traverse, tundra racing helper bag kit (made to fit their level kits)...

Seafoam how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
she got mad when i came home and sat in the truck before going inside to see her... i guess the tundra just requires less money and maintenance.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
The sad part is, when I googled "blowmaster" images a picture of my truck comes up, fail.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Das Jugghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKz View Post
I know my '05 was built in Indiana :P
Probably by my soon to be brother-in-law Kevin

2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, Ultragauge, Long Tubes with x-pipe and true duals,stock intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA [COLOR=Black]in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front and rear [SIZE=2]differentials, Cooper Discover ATP tires

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwaylizard View Post
Probably by my soon to be brother-in-law Kevin
My brother-in-law builds BMW's in South Carolina. He parks his TUNDRA outside the plant every morning.

2003 SR5 4x4 Access Cab
5100 Bilstien shocks on 3rd notch -- 265/75/r16 Nitto Terra Grappler tires -- Hellwig rear sway bar
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
can you please post the article i would love to print it and throw it in quite a few chevy and ford owners faces
This: The Tundra Is Now America’s “Most American” Pickup | Tundra Headquarters

and this: 25 Vehicles Less American Than The Toyota Tundra | Tundra Headquarters

2003 SR5 4x4 Access Cab
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Das Jugghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjp View Post
My brother-in-law builds BMW's in South Carolina. He parks his TUNDRA outside the plant every morning.
That's okay - I'm German.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Supercharged Member

thanks buddy appreciate it.

only one problem about that article, the website is tundra headquaters, and everyone im going to show that to will come back with well of course it favors tundra look what site it is on.

07 Tundra Limited DC 5.7 TRD Off Road
All interior leds, led reverse lights, black headlight mod, custom homemade led third brake light, morimoto mini H1 projector retrofit with 5000k hids, 6000k 55w hid fogs, debadged, 2010 sport color matching grill, 2 sundown sd 10s in a fox under seat box, afe stage 2 cold air intake, super 44 flowmasters dumped after rear axel, tundra racing rear flip leveling kit, 22" black rhino traverse, tundra racing helper bag kit (made to fit their level kits)...

Seafoam how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
she got mad when i came home and sat in the truck before going inside to see her... i guess the tundra just requires less money and maintenance.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
The sad part is, when I googled "blowmaster" images a picture of my truck comes up, fail.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Das Jugghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
thanks buddy appreciate it.

only one problem about that article, the website is tundra headquaters, and everyone im going to show that to will come back with well of course it favors tundra look what site it is on.
No worries. I know Jason fairly well and his research is impeccable. I have not had an opportunity to read over the articles yet but I would venture a very confident guess that he has documented or cited his resources so you can quote the information directly from those resources.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page