What did you do to your 1st gen today? - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum
 1856Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Lurking Member

What did you do to your 1st gen today?

I have seen these on other forums and didn't find one on here with the search. So lets start one. As the title states, what did you do to it today?

2005 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Tundra SR5 DC, 4WD, 4.7L V8 | 10K HID (Headlights and Fogs) | Kenwood KDC MP345U Head Unit (Soon to get a new Headunit with Nav.) | 14" Magnapack Muffler installed by Lou's Custom Exhaust | 17" Gunmetal Toyota Tundra/Sequoia wheels wrapped in 265/70/R17 BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO | K&N CAI Series 77 |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Random Poster

Re: What did you do to your 1st gen today?

Well what good timing , I just installed my flexilite fan kit today and repaired my overly corroded battery positive terminal.
post #3 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
thought about vacuuming dog hair out... then didn't

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Supporter

Garage

I chiseled and sanded the rust off my sway bar, and primed it, (will paint it tomorrow), ordered new sway bar bushings, drained the oil, changed the serpentine belt, flushed the power steering, reattched the power steering lines to the rack, flushed and half-filled the coolant, put a bunch of new bolts/nuts I had to replace (including all 8 coil bolts), pulled my charcoal canister to get easy access to a wiring harness grommet, started making the power lines for the two stereo amps I'm gonna install, mounted the two fuses for them on the fuse box cover, and scrubbed the rear corner of the engine bay behind the charcoal canister.

Had a BUNCH of stuff I've been doing over the past few weeks, when the dang weather cooperates. Got a LOT more to do, too.

Overall, I've had a good three straight, solid days of working on my double-nut ('00) 1st Gen....Hope the weather holds more, but I think we got rain/snow coming for a few days starting tomorrow.
post #5 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Supercharged Member

drove mine

New Truck Build Thread 2006 Double Cab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Build Thread 2002 Tundra-Tundra Revamp

post #6 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Senior Contributor

I looked at it waiting for the Fed-Ex guy to show since my lower ball joint was supposed to be delivered today.

Most I did was walk to the end of the block and get a coffee and then work on my benefits elections for next year if I still have my job.

Now, I'm getting the package redirected to my folk's address so I can pull apart the front end tomorrow and reassemble it with the new LCAs minus a strut until I get the bushing pressed in Monday. Lower ball joint should show up by Tuesday or Wednesday.

NOT a happy camper. Is anyone else having a bad streak lately? Must be that end of the world thing approaching!

"Laughter is the best medicine. But, if you're laughing without any reason, you need medicine."

How to perform a search: Select "Advanced Search" -> Choose the "Single Search Content Type" tab, Enter the "Keyword", Select Search in Forum "1st Gen Tundra", Search by Prefix "any thread", Show results as: Choose either "Posts" or "Threads", then click on "Search Now".
post #7 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Supporter

Garage

Wiped off the rain drops and drove it.

2015 Tundra DC 5.7L SR5
Magnetic Gray Metallic
2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC (SOLD!)

Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

post #8 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Major Contributor

Garage

Swung the garage door open, leaned up against my work bench and marveled at what a handsome and competent truck I bought for such little ca$h outlay! Oh, it's a beautiful thing!

A picture is worth a thousand words
But your smile is worth a million
post #9 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Swapped in some LEDs (license plate, doors and HVAC) gave her a bath and applied another coat of klasse sealant glaze. Some 303 on the tires, then went for a drive!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
I don't entirely know what OCD is, but I know it's very fashionable to accuse people of having it if they try and do something properly. -James May
post #10 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Supercharged Member

went to Napa and bought a gold oil filter for the tundy and the camry (same part number!) and left them in the garage!
Ramaytundra likes this.

All you Baja lovers check out:

post #11 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Supporter

spent $3.09/gal and filled 'er up

Search for your answer.

post #12 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Supporter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckersWalk View Post
spent $3.09/gal and filled 'er up
Huh... You, Sir, not only walk, you definately suck too...lol
(still $3.79-.85 here...)
post #13 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Lurking Member

I went offroading in mine!!
post #14 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Supercharged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Blue View Post
Huh... You, Sir, not only walk, you definately suck too...lol
(still $3.79-.85 here...)
agreed! mine was 3.59 last week.....

All you Baja lovers check out:

post #15 of 11365 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Das Jugghead

I drove mine to work and then to get my son and back home - 19.8 MPG AVG. I thought about what I need to do with the new scoop design, wondered WTF was making the popping/clunking noise from the front, thought about how much money I have saved back for whatever the repair might entail (none), wondered if I would ever get around to ARx'ing the transmission, thought about new tires for winter (stressed over money again) and enjoyed the sound of my exhaust while running a chrysler 300 off the road for trying to change lanes into mine with no turn signal and nearly hitting me.

Tomorrow I will drive it again.
CapnGimp likes this.

355,164 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, Ultragauge, Long Tubes with x-pipe and true duals,stock intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA [COLOR=Black]in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front and rear [SIZE=2]differentials, Cooper Discover ATP tires

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page