New Owner - 05 DC 4x4 - &#$@ its big - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum
 9Likes
  • 1 Post By arseum
  • 1 Post By CougarsRFun
  • 1 Post By tmgrdon
  • 1 Post By dpg_override
  • 1 Post By tmgrdon
  • 2 Post By characterzero
  • 2 Post By tmgrdon

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

New Owner - 05 DC 4x4 - &#[email protected] its big

I've wanted one of these trucks for a while. I have a standard cab T100 long bed 4 cylinder 5 speed that I love. But the standard cab was killing me. I knew 4x4 was a must and I figured **** I'll buy a truck I'll own a decade andl get a DC 4x4 Tundra. I dialed my search into a 05-06 DC 4x4 w/ a moonroof and no leather. It was getting old trying to find a truck with these options and then this one hit on craigslist. 05 DC 4x4 w/ 97k - Its the basically like any nicely optioned vehicle that's spent its life in LA. Bumper corner dings with peeled paint, trim not looking great and scratches and bad touch up work around the bed.

But its a cool color and has a moonroof, I'm planning to make it look less huge somehow and hopefully get over its size. The tires are 33's and I might drop it down some. I didn't realize the leveling kit was more of a lift or that the tires were so large over factory. I don't know, I'm not in truck mode yet I've been playing with cars only for 10 years hopefully I'll adjust soon. I just want a solid truck for trips to Baja and into the mountains. Pretty excited to set it up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 12:38 AM
Rookie

Re: New Owner - 05 DC 4x4 - &#[email protected] its big

Great pickup man. How much did you get it for? Just got a double cab as well but a 2wd :/ still really love the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 06:49 AM
Supporter

I think you will like it with the mild lift and 33s if you try it out for a while
IVexample likes this.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Supporter

I can assure you, that is the best truck you could have gotten. All the way from the year to the color. Well played, sir.

Search for your answer.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstylz View Post
Great pickup man. How much did you get it for? Just got a double cab as well but a 2wd :/ still really love the truck

I paid $13,600 I liked the lower miles and honestly it was the color combo and the sunroof without leather. I've wanted that setup from the start and new it would be a compromise. Its got about $2k in body damage like light scratches, dings, bad touchup work. I saw $2k in receipts on the front end and wheels and tires and figured it would be good for a while and said to myself if this guy will take $13,500 I'll buy it be and done searching.

Day 2 I had serious buyers remorse over the size of the truck and how rushed my purchase was. I can always sell if its too big, I'm gonna park my trusty old T100 for a couple weeks before deciding to sell it or not. I do love the color and interior of the truck but I think downgrading the wheels is a must.

The suspension upgrade. Looks like a cheaper setup.

The center caps that make me glad the windows are tinted, painting over these asap.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Lurking Member

Those shocks and spacer kit are a cheap set up. But you lucked out on getting a truck with those camburg UCA's. Those run about $700 new
Joey likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarsRFun View Post
Those shocks and spacer kit are a cheap set up. But you lucked out on getting a truck with those camburg UCA's. Those run about $700 new
Wow, I didn't realize that. Better than it all being trash. I yanked those god awful center caps, we're feeling a little better.

Tundruz likes this.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 07:51 PM

Damn you. That was the one I was going to look at. I had it saved, and was going to call the owner tomorrow. I love that color.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Supporting Creeper

Nice find man, I'm jealous! I have wanted a 1st Gen 4door for the longest time but they are just too dang hard to find with lower miles these days. I ended up settling on a really nice 15' Tacoma 4x4!

Those Camburgs are top notch, it's hard to tell what the other suspension components are but they are most likely aftermarket coilovers since it has the camburg Coilovers, I'd say prolly a 3" mid travel setup for sure. Are those arm bushings squeaky at all? Doesn't look like the bushings have ever been greased lol
savage24x likes this.

02' Tundra V8 Access Cab 2WD
Current: Bilstien 5100's All the way around (Fronts on top notch for level truck), 265/75R16, Newly Painted (Bedliner Paint) Bed Rails, ARB Sahara Bumper w/ Ramsey 8k Winch, 22" Auxbeam Cree LED Lightbar, Blazer 4.75" C125 Utility lights.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Rookie

It is a big truck but not as big as other trucks out there. I wouldn't have it any other way. Great truck and I've owned it about 2 1/2 months

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 10:19 AM
Lurking Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg_override View Post
Nice find man, I'm jealous! I have wanted a 1st Gen 4door for the longest time but they are just too dang hard to find with lower miles these days. I ended up settling on a really nice 15' Tacoma 4x4!

Those Camburgs are top notch, it's hard to tell what the other suspension components are but they are most likely aftermarket coilovers since it has the camburg Coilovers, I'd say prolly a 3" mid travel setup for sure. Are those arm bushings squeaky at all? Doesn't look like the bushings have ever been greased lol
Its a spacer kit and some KYB replacement shocks. KYB shocks $200. UCA's $700....
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvh22a View Post
Damn you. That was the one I was going to look at. I had it saved, and was going to call the owner tomorrow. I love that color.
I moved fast on this thing! Once I was okay with buying it we went to chase bank and I got him cash on the spot. The guy was liquidating everything he had, I'm pretty sure he got a DUI in Sept. I can see an arrest under his name and he slipped that his insurance had been cancelled.

Interior cleaned out really well... She's ran well so far. I know I'll do the timing belt soon but overall I'm thinking I did ok on this truck.
IVexample likes this.

2005 - DC - 4x4 - TRD

Last edited by tmgrdon; 11-14-2016 at 10:36 AM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 AM

You did good on getting that truck. Welcome to the site.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 04:08 PM

You did great...I've got an 05 DC 4x4 in the same color/cloth - I've had it for 4?ish years now, bought it with 38k on the odo and I still like it. Turns like a large ocean vessel, so I tend to just back in to parking spaces. If I were to total this one today, I'd go right back to one (or a Sprinter van).
Yeah, best color too..
SuckersWalk and jcstylz like this.

2005 Tundra Crew Cab 4x4 Limited | King Coilovers | Bilstien 5100 | Deaver AAL | BAMuffler | ARE Z Series Shell | Pioneer AVH-4000NEX | JL XD 700x5 | Polk MM Comps | JL Microsub | Alpine Backup Cam | WeatherTech Liners | NSR-4 Bike Rack | FN Wheels 5-star 17" w 285 Nitto Terra Grappler
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by characterzero View Post
You did great...I've got an 05 DC 4x4 in the same color/cloth - I've had it for 4?ish years now, bought it with 38k on the odo and I still like it. Turns like a large ocean vessel, so I tend to just back in to parking spaces. If I were to total this one today, I'd go right back to one (or a Sprinter van).
Yeah, best color too..
Dang those are some nice looking wheels. I think part of this is the car guy ritual you go through when you buy a vehicle you can tell hasn't been taken care of in some form from a weird seller. Once you've got a few days of it running well, passing smog, cleaning up better than you expected and you're smitten with your new ride suddenly.
Jonesy and characterzero like this.

2005 - DC - 4x4 - TRD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page