Brake Replacement - Problems wih Pulsation - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Lurking Member

Brake Replacement - Problems wih Pulsation

I have about 175K kms or 110K miles on my '08 Tundra 4x4. The brakes are pulsating badly even though the pads are not worn out yet. Currently the truck has Toyota parts on the front and CARQUEST blue pads (made by raybestos) and CARQUEST premium rotors rear (made in china). I have had terrible luck with brake pulsation with this truck since I have bought it. I generally drive pretty easy although sometimes in highway traffic the truck sees a few hard stops. Nothing near abusive or hard (I BEAT on my work car and never have brake issues).

I don't want to spend all kinds of money just to have pulsating brakes again down the road. My previous truck went 65K on it's brakes and wore evenly without any pulsation ever. My truck sees lots of snow and salt too, and these modern rotors Chinese rotors seems to rust like crazy (does anyone make them in USA anymore?)

Does anyone have any recommendations of brake combos that work well? I was thinking Akebono, or centric for pads? Maybe Centric premium rotors? There are some decent Stop Tech packages, not sure how good they are?? I'd like at minimum a painted or coated rotor to help keep the corrosion at bay.

Any advice appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member

Re: Brake Replacement - Problems wih Pulsation

Hi 72fordgts - We have heard this is a common problem with Gen 2 Tundras. So we put together a great package that has received extremely high ratings from us Tundra customers. Please see the latest post on out page for exclusive discounts for Tundra Solutions members. This kit includes Hawk LTS Pads and StopTech Cryo Treated Rotors. We also have StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines and Brake Fluid available. If you have any additional questions please feel free to PM us.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 05:29 PM
Rookie

I have an 07 Tundra CM with 110k miles and the brakes were pulsating badly when applied. I ordered Centric Premium rotors for the front and their posi quiet pads all around. I only order the fronts because I was sure they were going be warped as many others have reported. Turns out they weren't warped but were close to needing replaced anyhow. Once I made it to the back and removed the pads I discovered the issue. Part of the pad had come off in chunk and was stuck in the driver side rear rotor. Replaced the rear rotors with advanced auto cheap ones for the rear (think they were weaver) as I had the truck pulled apart and this was all that was in stock. The pulsating issue is now resolved.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0483_1480209654547.PNG (4.95 MB, 22 views)

Last edited by WhiteYoda; 11-26-2016 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Additional info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page