Brake Bleeding, ABS- Actuator-Techstream HELP!! - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Brake Bleeding, ABS- Actuator-Techstream HELP!!

So in doing my recent brake job I managed to pop one of the pistons out of a front caliper (long story but none the less it happened) subsequently I'm pretty sure my brake fluid reservoir got low enough to suck air in from the top. Put it all back together bled the brakes. soft mushy pedal going to the floor.......bled the brakes, bled the brakes, etc etc etc. SOFT PEDAL and it goes to the floor if you hold it and push with a little more than average force. So everything I read say's hook it up to Techstream, and get the program to cycle the ABS pump or you'll never get the air out. OR.. Take it to the dealership.

I don't have techstream, what is involved in getting it? I have heard Toyota reps say, if you buy a cable and CD off of ebay, That is not our product. I have also heard it's a real booger to install on a P.C..

What do ya'll say?

No way to get the air out without techstream?

Buy Techstream off Ebay and install it...piece of cake?

Sorry I cross-posted this on the main...just looking for answers

1995 T-100 250,000 miles and still going strong! (now deceased
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RIP )

2012 Tundra CrewMax 4.6w/Tow.Pkg. Crossed over 100K a while back, still no trouble!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:17 AM
Veteran Member

Re: Brake Bleeding, ABS- Actuator-Techstream HELP!!

Not really the same as the other post you commented on but no, you do not always need the Techstream to bleed the brakes. Did you replace the caliper or just put the cylinder back in?

Is your caliper leaking or do you have any leaks anywhere else? Take care of that first.

Try to first manually bleed the master cylinder by removing the 2 lines going to it and then proceed to bleed all the brake lines to the 4 corners again.

I would make sure when you bleed the caliper that the piston "popped" out of that you make sure you angle the caliper so the bleed fitting is at the very top and gets all the air out of it.

If you are sure you have completely flushed all the lines and are not getting more air out of the calipers and the fluid is completely clear and you still have a squishy pedal that is where you would go to the Techstream and start the whole air bleed procedure over again.

Home of the Original Secondary Air Injection System Bypass Kits
Toll Free 1-844-307-7671

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Re: Brake Bleeding, ABS- Actuator-Techstream HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxsp View Post
Not really the same as the other post you commented on but no, you do not always need the Techstream to bleed the brakes. Did you replace the caliper or just put the cylinder back in?

Is your caliper leaking or do you have any leaks anywhere else? Take care of that first.

Try to first manually bleed the master cylinder by removing the 2 lines going to it and then proceed to bleed all the brake lines to the 4 corners again.

I would make sure when you bleed the caliper that the piston "popped" out of that you make sure you angle the caliper so the bleed fitting is at the very top and gets all the air out of it.

If you are sure you have completely flushed all the lines and are not getting more air out of the calipers and the fluid is completely clear and you still have a squishy pedal that is where you would go to the Techstream and start the whole air bleed procedure over again.
Thank as I stated in the other post 2 trips to stealership and no change...I'll just drive it and hope for the best.

1995 T-100 250,000 miles and still going strong! (now deceased
RIP )

2012 Tundra CrewMax 4.6w/Tow.Pkg. Crossed over 100K a while back, still no trouble!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page