Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Air Lift Suspension Air Bags

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  garrambide 
#1 ·
Ok, not sure if this should be a warning to all or if I really am the only one out there that experienced this.
I have a 2009 Tundra and tow a 7000 pound travel trailer, therefore I installed Air Lift air bags in the rear.
I have tried several different air pressures in the bags and to no avail, the ride of the truck is horrendous!
Small bumps and transitions on the road are extremely jarring/rough and unbearable to drive. I actually removed them as I could not stand the rough ride any more.
I contacted Air Lift and I was told that is the only kit they make for the Tundra and their only solution was to put more weight in the back of my truck to smooth out the ride.
So, am I the only one who has experienced this or are there others out there?
Are the Firestone air bags any better?

Tye

Reactions: Valley Rat
#2 ·
Just wanted to update in case anyone cares.
Installed a set of Firestone airbags today. Just for fun, I took it for a drive with 70 psi in the bags and the ride is 100% better than the Air Lift bags.
Bottom line here: AIR LIFT = GARBAGE!

Tye

#3 ·
I'm glad that you found a set you like, nobody should have to put up with a crappy ride.

I can't remember what company makes the bags I installed on my '07, but they really improved the ride without any of the harshness you experienced. I plan to add the onboard wireless air pump before next winter.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.