Rusty bed... - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cheapskate

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Unhappy Rusty bed...

Hey all,

I recently bought an 06 tundra with about 200,000 miles. As i started working on undercoating my truck i realized how bad the bed rust is. I then started to peel off the bed liner where rust was starting to come through. In about 5 places on the truck there is terrible rusting, in about 2 places there is a two inch hole that really caught me by surprise. As of right now I have no clue what to do. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Re: Rusty bed...

here are some photos..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3042.jpg (1.35 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3041.jpg (1.56 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3040.jpg (1.73 MB, 16 views)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 02:51 AM

Either cut the pieces out and patch it or start looking for a complete bed to replace it.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Supercharged Member

Re: Rusty bed...

Welcome to the site Danny. Couple of things here.
Learn how to use the search function. Don't worry, I'm not saying that to be a dick, just letting you know how to find stuff on here. Look at the top right side of any page and you will see the google custom search box. Type something in there like bed rust and you will see lots of threads come up. Usually within a few minutes you can find what you are looking for. Sadly for you, you're not alone but it does look like you can fix it. See the thread I copied below and scroll to post 47 to see what others have done to repair.
When you find a thread that is the same or similar to yours, post your questions there and not in a new thread. People subscribe to existing threads so you get more responses, plus it helps keep similar problems together and makes search in the future easier.

Add in your location in your signature. Helps to know where you, are like if you live in the rust belt, so others might know why it happened.

Lastly, rust proof your vehicle. I don't mean keep it really clean or park it in the garage because that doesn't do anything to stop rust from forming, I mean spray the entire truck with a rust inhibitor to neutralize the rust properly. Take it somewhere or do it yourself but that's the only way to really stop any more rust from forming.
If you just bought a 13 year old truck I am guessing you don't intend on selling it soon. If you have a truck that is rusting right now imagine what it will look like in a few more years if you don't neutralize that rust.

Good luck and welcome to the site.

https://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...d-wheelwheels/
LGL002 likes this.

2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner, Rampage Patriot running boards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page