Backup camera - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Supporter

Backup camera

Has anyone tried one of the adapters to install a backup camera that automatically shows the backup camera view on the NAV screen when the car is in reverse? I have seen these advertised at:
Navigation Video Inputs - SoundGate.com

Nav-TV™ - Car Entertainment. Watch TV, DVD, or Satellite on your factory navigation screen. Navigation TV.

SVC-X Products

NAV LOCKPICK

Products

Mobile video mobile tv mobile video system mobile satellite tv mobile video systems nav tv car tv dvd car video car dvd car tv car video system car satellite tv video interface car navigation system car video navigation car navigation gps car tv screen car in dash dvd player rgb converter in car dvd player car dvd player car entertainment car mobile video in dash dvd player dvd navigation rgb to vga converter bmw tv navigation mercedes tv navigation car audio and electronics car navigation tvandnav2go.com

But not sure which ones if any work with the camry hybrid w/Nav. I called one of the places (forget which one) and they told me it would work but I had to mail them my screen/NAV box for some wire revsions internally which I passed on. I'm sure there is or will be a plug and play solution. Would love to hear form anyone who has installed a backup camera that worked on the NAV screen. Which one? Website? Modifications required?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 08:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jenningspaige
Re: Backup camera

Interesting.... We have a lot of kids and dogs walking down our sidewalk all the time because we live very close to an elementary school, so I'm always paranoid I'm going to hit one of them. It'd be nice to have a camera back there to be sure there weren't any midgets lurking under my wheels. But...sounds like it's a pain if you have to take the NAV screen out.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Rookie

If the DVD Nav is the same as in the Lexus then I think you should be able to get an OEM backup camera from Lexus. I believe the Nav is exactly the same.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainald View Post
If the DVD Nav is the same as in the Lexus then I think you should be able to get an OEM backup camera from Lexus. I believe the Nav is exactly the same.
Nope, not exactly. The '07 Lexus' external clock is tied to the NAV so you don't need to set the LED clock. Ever. You set the timezone differently in the Lexus too. Also the icons in the various menus are a different style. The NAV version is the same but it acts subtly different. The climate voice commands are still listed in the HELP and NAV supplement but they don't work either.
J
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Rookie

You can find the ROSTRA back up camera for most cards with a OEM NAV system here [email protected] for $150 which is a real good price for such high quality.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Rookie

Re: ROSTRA Backup camera for most cars with OEM NAV for $150.

Here is the link [email protected] for the ROSTRA CCD backup camera for most OEM NAV systems complete with wire harness for $150.00. Also has NAV DVD map upgrades.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Jer
Veteran Member

outtolunch: Are you a site sponsor? You are always spamming threads with posts trying to sell stuff.

A right, not a privilege - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

=-----> DO NOT SHIP W/DAS (DEPENDABLE AUTO SHIPPERS)!! <----=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page