camry Hybrid with bad quality tires - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Angry camry Hybrid with bad quality tires

I just read that some had tire problems with Camry Hybrid. Yes, I do have at 25 K, tires do not pass inspection. The tires on Camry Hybrid are sucks and Toyota does't care about tires. They put cheap tires that do not last long. I wrote to Toyota and the tire manufacturer. The usual reply like rotation, tire pressure. I rotated every 5K and filled every month via pressure checking device. Waste of money on rotation also. When the cars come with bad tires, it does not matter what you do. Toyota uses Bridgestone tires and whole world knows that they are bad. HOnda does a good job on their cars as far as tires go. They use top quality tires on their cars that last long. Unlike them, Toyota goes for cheap tires given to them by the manufacturers of tires.
Next time, I will have dealer replace the tires to good quality ones before delivery and negotiate the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Jer
Veteran Member

Re: camry Hybrid with bad quality tires

I posted this in response to your other comment in the other thread:

'I've got over 36k miles on a set and not a problem yet. Check air pressure regularly and rotate them regularly and you're good to go.'

If you run at improper air pressure, don't rotate and just drive the car w/o ever doing basic maintenance then they're going to wear early. This goes for any tire. OEM tires are known to have shorter tread life so this isn't unusual at all and some even wear out at the 20k mark and earlier because of the softer tread.

But, as with any car part, the better care you take of it the longer it will last.

A right, not a privilege - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

=-----> DO NOT SHIP W/DAS (DEPENDABLE AUTO SHIPPERS)!! <----=
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Lurking Member

Not an expert, but I believe some tires are thought to be either quieter or give a smoother ride, not sure which it is, but this is done with a softer tire, thus quicker tread wear.
I could be wrong on this, but I believe that was the case here.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 05:33 PM

You must have Bridgestones. My mom's went out at 33,000 miles on her 07 Camry. I had Michelin and mine lasted until 60,000. Both cars had even tread wear and tires rotated every 5,000 miles.

-Jamie-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bridgestone , camry , hybird , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page