Navigation System on 2004 Solara SLE V6 - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Navigation System on 2004 Solara SLE V6

I am new at this so here goes. I recently purchased a 2004 toyota solara SLE V6 which came with the touch screen navigational system. However, I bought it through a guy who buys cars through auctions. This car came from a dealer but it didn't come with the navigational DVD. I spoke to a gentleman at the dealer myself (Jim White Toyota in Toledo) who was a complete prick and refused to help whatsoever. They didn't careI am currently trying to find a navigational DVD through ebay but don't know what is compatible with my navigation system. Does anyone know which DVD is compatible with my navigation system and if so, where I can get one. I have been looking for one on e-bay but not sure if it is the right one. Thank you for all your help. ~Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Retired Contributor

Re: Navigation System on 2004 Solara SLE V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by juls1432
I am new at this so here goes. I recently purchased a 2004 toyota solara SLE V6 which came with the touch screen navigational system. However, I bought it through a guy who buys cars through auctions. This car came from a dealer but it didn't come with the navigational DVD. I spoke to a gentleman at the dealer myself (Jim White Toyota in Toledo) who was a complete prick and refused to help whatsoever. They didn't careI am currently trying to find a navigational DVD through ebay but don't know what is compatible with my navigation system. Does anyone know which DVD is compatible with my navigation system and if so, where I can get one. I have been looking for one on e-bay but not sure if it is the right one. Thank you for all your help. ~Julie
Can you give me the part number on the NAV?, and I will look it up for you and see what i come up with.
PM sent

Retired
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Rookie

Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone here would know with certainty if the 2008 Solara navigation unit would work okay in my 2009 Corolla.

My Corolla does not have JBL audio, but I am aware that I can purchase an amplifier and harness to make it work, if the other connections are fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

Check out SolaraGuy.com and put up your request in the Gen 2 forum - I've seen those going around from time to time in there, though I don't have the Nav on mine so I can't help you.

Good luck!

Account no longer active.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juls1432 View Post

I am surprised you cant buy the DVD from a dealership (even if not that one). Here's a link for an 04 SLE V6. eBay Motors: LEXUS TOYOTA UPDATE 5.1 DVD DISC GS ES LS RX SC GEN 4 (item 280248476732 end time Sep-19-08 03:23:27 PDT)

Wish they had them when I bought my 99 SLE V6.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Rookie

You can get the disc from a dealer. I did this when I updated my 2004 dvd in 2009. It is very easy. Now I am having a different issue - my stereo/nav head unit won't work after a battery change. No one at the dealer can figure it out yet, they need to research the issue and have me come back next week. Aarrgghh!! Anyway, I have only good things to say about the nav system, have had the car since new and still drive it with 85k miles. Hope you found a solution.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawcat View Post
You can get the disc from a dealer. I did this when I updated my 2004 dvd in 2009. It is very easy. Now I am having a different issue - my stereo/nav head unit won't work after a battery change. No one at the dealer can figure it out yet, they need to research the issue and have me come back next week. Aarrgghh!! Anyway, I have only good things to say about the nav system, have had the car since new and still drive it with 85k miles. Hope you found a solution.
Two years later -- hope he found one too...

Best approach is to buy a new portable GPS...

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Rookie

Update: The problem was solved the following day, but I am just now getting around to posting a reply.

My system had to reboot after the battery change, from what I gather. The following day, I drove for a while, about 20 minutes, then the screen came back to life. Once the screen reappeared, I had access to the stereo, but the NAV system was back to factory settings (my saved trips and landmarks were gone). It was prompting me to go through a new setup, which I declined. My updated disc was in the unit. I removed it, and inserted the original disc, and the system booted up right away with my settings. I then removed the original disc, and inserted the newer one. Everything is/has been fine, back to normal since. So, perhaps there was some data on the original disc that my system needed in order to reboot properly.

I did not rely on the dealership to fix this problem. They said they were unfamiliar with this problem, and I could leave the car there for them to try to find the problem. No telling how much that might have cost me.

Not sure why this happened, since this was not my first battery change.

Just hit 90k miles, and everything still works. When I bought this car new in 2004, I did not think I'd still be driving it 10 years later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page