Light Bulb Part Numbers (Gen 2) - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Light Bulb Part Numbers (Gen 2)

Here's the list for all Gen 2 replacement bulbs (including SilverStar #s)

Low beam headlamp
H11-55W

High beam headlamp
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Parking light
3457ALL
3457AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Front turn signal
3457ALL

Rear turn signal
3156LL

Tail light
3157LL

Stop light
3157LL

High mount stop light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Fog/Driving light
9145 (H10)
9145ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

License plate
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Back up light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker
3457ALL

Glove box

Map light

Dome light
DE3175

Trunk/Cargo area

Account no longer active.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Lurking Member

Lightbulb Re: Light Bulb Part Numbers (Gen 2)

Hey, I just stuck a couple bulbs in....

Silverstar 9005 SU/2 ( the "/2" signifying a "twin pack") --> High Beams

(They are identified as "Silverstar Ultra - for ultra night vision" and a little diagram put them above the others by a few hundred lumens intesity and several hundred K tempurature over the next best in the series...)

okay... they are brighter than stock.

Silverstar 9145ST into the fog lamps....

It caught me off guard when I realized the 9005's were for the HIGH BEAM function ONLY.... and the LOW beams are still stock. Isn't there something out there for the H11-55Ws? (I get it after realizing they "split" the HIGH/LOW beams... my first to mess with something that does this...)

RESULTS: (i always run with LOW + FOG beams 24/7... looks cool, and read the safety stats some time...)

WOW! I gotta be BLINDIN' people when I don't pop them back to low right away! A quick run to the store through a rural stretch in the dark, and SHAZAAM! HIGH beams are FANTASTIC! (They look a little high... maybe it's just all greater coverage?!!) I am thinking they come on WITH the LOW beams, so if a really nice LOW beam bulb.... (I'd like COOL BLUE THERE, please!!!!) it would HAVE to look trick and show very WELL in the night! (I noticed how the stock HIGH bulbs appear to have same/similar mount as the FOG bulbs.... and ALMOST considered putting the 65W bulb down THERE! HA!) Did ya notice the fogs are only 40's?

OK, now we gotta re-route our FOG circuit to run independent of the HEADLIGHTs being on or off. Did that on my supra and it looked GREAT with 115W H3's sitting near the road with just running lights or NOTHING else! SWEEEET in the daytime, too! NOW imagine running in BRIGHTS mode where both HIGH beams and LOW beams are running w/ these bulbs, then kick in those independent FOGS! KrrrrrrrAKKATOWA!!!

.... so my odd-essay continues with the Solara... and the forum sheds yet "new light" on my journey....

- crisp

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]nandesuka?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Re: Light Bulb Part Numbers (Gen 2)

I remember that was one of the first things I did to my Tundra after I got it - ended up just being a simple jumper in the relay box under the hood. Don't know what it might be on the Solara yet...

I have McCulloch HIDs in my low-beam projectors - let the auto lighting do everything for me, so my DRLs are on when the low beams aren't. I have the Silverstars in both my Fogs and Highs, but living where I do, I rarely ever use the highs (shares same bulb with DRLs).

A lot of guys are putting yellow tint on their fogs - not sure I get why as it seems the light would counter-act the spectrum you're trying to achieve with hi-intensity HIDs... ???

I'm actually looking into replacing my Fogs with something like these some day:

Close to the same color temp as the HIDs and they have the halos like BMW - which I think would look cool in that huge Fog light opening we have!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 05:34 AM
Lurking Member

Cool.... I like the HIDs in the driving lights. Do you have a part number and source? I agree on the HALO in the fogs.... would look tough.

I can't IMAGINE putting yellow in my fogs.... (my preference is pure white or some type of blueish/HID type temp. cast color.... yellow just seems counter-productive to me too...)

Anyone know how to free up the FOGS as an independently switched function? (It would be nice to keep them in the stock switch...)

- crisp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 06:53 AM
Lurking Member

Lightbulb Re: Light Bulb Part Numbers (Gen 2)

WOW..... Xenon Violet @10000K kit runs about $450.... I'll keep looking, but if that's what it takes... (Gotta SEE ya know... rural Ohio and all...) but that COST!!! :cry:

- crisp

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I'll have to look at the ballasts to see if there's a part # - they aren't cheap but I got mine slightly used locally from a starving college student online, so I'm not sure what they were new.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Rookie

PXL...you gave replacement numbers for all the Silverstar bulbs...are all of those just direct plug ins or do you have to upgrade anything else (wires, fuses, etc.)?
Thanks for the info. I have looked at photos of your car and it just keeps getting better. To debadge, did you just remove logos with a fishing line and then clean up?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&Tan View Post
PXL...you gave replacement numbers for all the Silverstar bulbs...are all of those just direct plug ins or do you have to upgrade anything else (wires, fuses, etc.)?
Thanks for the info. I have looked at photos of your car and it just keeps getting better. To debadge, did you just remove logos with a fishing line and then clean up?
All the bulbs are plug-n-play. Part numbers are the same no matter what brand.

*Off-Topic: As far as de-badging goes, I used Bestine (rubber cement solvent) and drizzled it along the edges and just pulled with my fingers. Cleaned up the residue with more Bestine and that's it. Won't hurt paint. Lets start a new thread for this if further discussion is required to keep this one on-topic.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Rookie

FYI,
PIAA HAS a Brite White Replacement H11 projector bulb, for $75.00. Check Tire Rack. Brighter than stock bulb in my opinion.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

PIAA has had replacements for most popular headlight/fog light part numbers for years - tried them on my '01 Tundra several times... and though they might seem a bit brighter and higher color temp, they just don't last very long at all. You can get them at Auto Zone for less than $75 too.

Another reason I sent with true HIDs as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page