CA emissions conflict 2000 Camry V6 OBD codes P1130 P1135 - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

CA emissions conflict 2000 Camry V6 OBD codes P1130 P1135

I have a 2000 Camry LE 3.0L V6 with OBD codes P1130 and P1135. I bought it used (so no history...).

The sticker on the hood indicates non-CA emissions, but the OBD codes appear to be specific to CA emissions per the Toyota Factory Repair Manual. Also, when I checked my VIN on the Toyota website it said "CA California Emissions Factory" installed. The front AF/O2 sensor that I can see easily (Bank 2 Sensor 1) has markings "Toyota*89467 41011 Denso 0210 07U27", which according to Toyota Parts website is the AF wide range sensor for CA emissions (of course I have no idea when or who installed this sensor or if it's the correct one for the car...). I looked at the*exhaust manifold and front exhaust pipe to see if there were the two additional "warm-up catalytic converters" (WU-TWC) upstream of the main catalytic converter that are present for only the CA emissions, but quite honestly I don't know what they would look like (I see larger diameter "bulges" in the piping that are welded to the adjacent sections where the two WU-TWCs would be but no covers or other indication that it's anything other than straight piping...).

Can anyone clarify whether the car has CA or non-CA emissions?
I can upload pix of the exhaust manifold and front exhaust pipe if anyone could verify whether the warm-up catalytic converters are present...

Thanks,

PopsRacer1, Atlanta: 2000 Camry LE 3.0L V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Re: CA emissions conflict 2000 Camry V6 OBD codes P1130 P1135

I am attaching some pix of the engine, the exhaust manifold outlet and front exhaust pipe, plus the sticker on the hood that says non-Calif. emissions.

Note that the Toyota website says that it is Calif. emissions when I enter the VIN, and OBD scanner outputs codes that are unique to Calif. emissions...

It seems the hood sticker contradicts the VIN/OBD info...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9.Camry.2000.emissions.sticker.hood.jpg (639.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 5.Camry.Front.Exhaust.IMG_9387.jpg (330.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3.Camry.Bank2.exhaust.IMG_9376.jpg (349.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 1.Camry.V6Engine.IMG_9346.jpg (490.9 KB, 3 views)

PopsRacer1, Atlanta: 2000 Camry LE 3.0L V6
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 11:21 AM

Those bulges as pre cats, they typically have a stainless looking mesh around them and no heat shields. Right around 2000 was a weird time some manufacturers made different systems but some only made one but only certified some for CA emissions.

My guess is all of your parts are the same it just wasn't certified for sale in CA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
california , emissions , p1130 , sticker , wu-twc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page