2005 Tundra No Throttle Response - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

2005 Tundra No Throttle Response

Hello Everyone! I have a 2005 Tundra 4.7 V8. I lost throttle response a few weeks ago. I ran a diagnostic test and got a several codes, all dealing with throttle sensors. I pulled the throttle body off and cleaned it, still no throttle. Bought a new throttle body and new accelerator pedal (since 2005 tundra's have no replaceable sensors, fly-by-wire style) After replacing the throttle body, I still had no results. I replaces the Accelerator pedal assembly, all codes cleared and it ran GREAT for 1 day.
Now its back in limp mode and I now have Code: P2118 (Throttle actuator control motor current, range performance). After everything I've read, I've checked: Wire/Continuity; Good. Fuses; All Good.

Any Suggestions??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:46 PM
Rookie

Have you checked the APPS & Tps signals at the pcm, also check the output signals to the throttle body actuator, the code tell me that the TBA motor is pulling too much amperage, if all checks out with Apps, tps then I would suspect TB shaft is binding causing elevated amp draw (Just because new doesn't mean it is good) N. E. W =Never Ever Worked! 🤔
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Re: 2005 Tundra No Throttle Response

I will check out APPS & Tps signals. Thanks for the help, I'll report back with any progress.
Jonesy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2005 tundra , p2118 , throttle body , throttle response

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page