Help me with my Insurance Claim - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Help me with my Insurance Claim

I have a 2005 SR5 Double cab with about 205K miles. I was traveling on the interstate and hit some ice and slid it into the median. I put the right corner into the guard rail, which spun the truck around and slid backwards along the guardrail trashing the right side. The Right steering assembly was snapped, and assuming the right front strut and assembly was smashed. I spun back out into the interstate when my right rear bumper grabbed the guardrail and my tailgate. Supposedly it tore out my exhaust as well. BUT, I was not injured except for a jammed left thumb whey the FR wheel caught.

The insurance company totaled it, offering me $8634.00. I like you guys loved my truck and someday will have another one. However, can you help me find a way to recoup more $$ because you guys know the true value of our trucks? The Insurance company doesn't quite "get" it, or if they do then they are just screwing me.

I'm just 2-Dry

2-DRY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 TUNDRA DC SR5 4X4
RED SALSA PEARL, TAN INTERIOR
LATEST ADDITIONS: Husky liners front and rear, Alpine 3856 Head unit. Advantage Hard Hat Premier Tonneau. TOYO Open Country XT's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Ask them how they arrived at that value. In my experience they take the highest advertised price vehicle they can find and the lowest them take the average for value. That includes dealers and private sellers, which can be in all sorts of conditions.

My suggestion would be to do a search in your area for trucks in similar condition and mileage as yours (pre accident of course) and present them with that figure.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 01:43 AM

Re: Help me with my Insurance Claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by festerw View Post
Ask them how they arrived at that value. In my experience they take the highest advertised price vehicle they can find and the lowest them take the average for value. That includes dealers and private sellers, which can be in all sorts of conditions.

My suggestion would be to do a search in your area for trucks in similar condition and mileage as yours (pre accident of course) and present them with that figure.

Agree to make a counter offer of the average retail value of a used tundra truck same model /year / mileage/ condition based on what the selling price RETAIL is.

The insurance adjuster might not budge and even getting lawyer will cost you any gains.

That’s high mileage and original engine and transmission can be considered poor. If you had a rebuilt engine or transmission or both then it might be worth $5000 more. My similar truck 2006 with 85000 miles two years ago sold to me for $17000. Still had to put $1000 into new tires and front end steering kit rebuild.

Can see two years older knocking off/ reducing $3000. And 200k miles knocking off/ reducing $5000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member

on auto-trader, it looks like they are about $8,000 on average

2013 Tundra DC 4X2 4.6l Silver Sky Metallic
2010 Camry
2014 Camry
2014 Chevrolet Camaro
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 02:29 PM

OP looks to be in the rust belt also, that may play a factor in estimate. Unfortunately you might want to take $8600, push for a few bucks more and get a replacement. Thats a fair-ish price out here in California for a rust free truck with high mileage and "good" condition.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Yes , what you all say is correct and understandable.
They acquired information online with local vehicles.
Have any of you heard of a SR5 that has front split bench seats? I have never seen that but they dinged me for a couple hundred on that! I'm thinking BS, but the vehicle sold. I do have the VIN number: 5TBDT44185S490638

2-DRY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 TUNDRA DC SR5 4X4
RED SALSA PEARL, TAN INTERIOR
LATEST ADDITIONS: Husky liners front and rear, Alpine 3856 Head unit. Advantage Hard Hat Premier Tonneau. TOYO Open Country XT's.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 04:50 AM
Lurking Member

Check this company out: Diminished value of Georgia”. For a small fee they will work with the insurance company and can get you more money. It works. I did it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page