Just ordered my Katzkin leather seats!! - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to drmonkey1313
Just ordered my Katzkin leather seats!!

So in my 2005 Highlander I have the OEM gray cloth that came with the car when I purchased it new and I have wanted leather as well as dual stage heated seats for a long time. Well, I just ordered the Katzkin gray leather for all three rows, dual stage seat heaters made from carbon fiber and LiquiCells for the two front seats. If you are not familiar with LiquiCell, they are basically like Dr. Scholls gell inserts for the part of your seat that you sit on (for your butt). LOL They are installed in the seat under the leather along with the seat heater element and help reduce fatigue in your legs and butt as well as help relieve back pain. Here is the write up for the Liquicells from the site:

LiquiCell is an ultra-thin, liquid-filled membrane specifically designed and scientifically proven to provide improved long-term seating comfort by reducing and even eliminating occupant fatigue, numbness, fidgeting and tail burn.

LiquiCell provides unsurpassed long-term driver and passenger comfort while exceeding the highest industry seating standards and the ability to work well with other key seating features (heated seats, etc.).

LiquiCell: The Science behind the Technology

LiquiCell is proven to improve blood perfusion (flow) by 150%. (March 2006)
LiquiCell is proven to reduce long-term discomfort. (March 2005)
LiquiCell is proven to reduce soft tissue shear forces, a leading cause of pain and discomfort, by up to 39% better than other leading comfort materials. (March 2001)
Great for heated seat options as Liquicell will aid in providing more even heat transference across seat surface.

I will take pictures and post them after everything is installed. Wish me luck!

Have a great day!
Dr. Monkey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out my cardomain page:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 PM

Re: Just ordered my Katzkin leather seats!!

Dr.....Long time no see......

Good luck on the seats, let us know how it goes.....Once your done with yours...you can do mine!!!!

How much did the katzkin costs? I was thinking of just getting oem leather and doing a swap out... kids are so cruel to cloth seats....

Also, any plans for LED's on the front headlights? I'm considering adding LED's to the headlights like the newer audi's

2004 Highlander 2wd, Kenwood Touchscreen Navigation, 20" Vagare rims w 275/40/20, Lighted OEM running boards, Manik Brush Guard painted Millenium Silver, LED Turn Signal Mirror, Smoked Fog Lights with Chrome Fog Rings, Lighted HomeLink SunVisors,

Just Replaced the Kenwood with a Pioneer Avic F900BT..with Bluetooth, MSN Direct, XM Radio and IPOD Cable...This thing is sweeeeeet!!

Coming Soon:
Gentex AutoDimming mirror with compass and temp,
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Hey Cerivera! Great to see you!

I just finished posting before and after pictures on my cardomain site of the new leather and newly installed interior chrome door handles!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/DrMonkey13

So I had these installed a few weeks ago by a professional shop locally and absolutely love them! The Katzkin leather, combined with the dual stage seat heaters (high/low/off) and the Liquicells are amazing!! They are 1000 times more comfortable than the factory cloth seats and make a world of difference!

I purchased all of this from a company online that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND to everyone! Here is their link: Katzkin Leather Seat Upholstery, Lloyd Floor Mats, Wheelskins Leather Steering Wheel Covers, Wood Dash Kits Ask for Wayne. Wayne is very friendly, professional, and will help you with anything you need. Seriously, I think I called him over 10 times with questions and spoke with him for well over 30 minutes at least 5 of the times and he seemed happy to help. I have not had this good of an experience with ANY company (online or in person) in a long time! If you go to the site you will see that you can customize your leather seats any way you want with any color, insert color, stitching color, etc. You can add seat heaters or Liquicells if you want to and I highly recommend that you do because it makes your seats extremely comfortable.

By the way, if you are local to the DC Metro area and need a professional automotive interior shop, I highly recommend Lim's Custom Top and Upholstery in Chantilly, VA or Vienna, VA. I went to the Chantilly, VA shop and received excellent customer service from the minute I called them to the minute I left with my new leather installed. They turned my 3 row HL around in 24 hours and did an amazing job! Here is their number 703-327-3232. They are the best around the DC Metro area!!

Have a great day!
Dr. Monkey

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Cerivera, sorry, I got carried away with the leather and forgot to answer your other questions. Total to purchase the leather seats, two heating elements W/wiring and buttons, and he liquicells cost around $1,557 total shipped. I know this may sound like a lot, but it was worth every dime! Also, remember, the leather you are getting is better quality than the OEM factory leather and you can customize it if you choose to. I just wanted to stick with the factory look.

To get the leather installed varied greatly from shop to shop, but Lim's only charged me roughly $800 for the install which included wiring up the seat heaters in the two front seats. Plus they turned it around in 24 hours!

With regards to LEDs in the headlights, I would love to, but think I may try and find LEDs for the fog lights instead. Not sure if there is anything out there yet that will be to my liking, but we will see.

Have a great day!
Dr. Monkey

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmonkey1313 View Post
So in my 2005 Highlander I have the OEM gray cloth that came with the car when I purchased it new and I have wanted leather as well as dual stage heated seats for a long time. Well, I just ordered the Katzkin gray leather for all three rows, dual stage seat heaters made from carbon fiber and LiquiCells for the two front seats. If you are not familiar with LiquiCell, they are basically like Dr. Scholls gell inserts for the part of your seat that you sit on (for your butt). LOL They are installed in the seat under the leather along with the seat heater element and help reduce fatigue in your legs and butt as well as help relieve back pain. Here is the write up for the Liquicells from the site:

LiquiCell is an ultra-thin, liquid-filled membrane specifically designed and scientifically proven to provide improved long-term seating comfort by reducing and even eliminating occupant fatigue, numbness, fidgeting and tail burn.

LiquiCell provides unsurpassed long-term driver and passenger comfort while exceeding the highest industry seating standards and the ability to work well with other key seating features (heated seats, etc.).

LiquiCell: The Science behind the Technology

LiquiCell is proven to improve blood perfusion (flow) by 150%. (March 2006)
LiquiCell is proven to reduce long-term discomfort. (March 2005)
LiquiCell is proven to reduce soft tissue shear forces, a leading cause of pain and discomfort, by up to 39% better than other leading comfort materials. (March 2001)
Great for heated seat options as Liquicell will aid in providing more even heat transference across seat surface.

I will take pictures and post them after everything is installed. Wish me luck!
My friend, it is horrible that you have such back pain. Have you tried to make a doctor visit? It is abnormal. I would recommend to go to hospital and do x-ray. Also, try to use painkillers while driving. Well, kratom is actually a good thing to use. I play hockey on a professional level, and i have injuries all the time. This medicine really helps me to eliminate the pain and continue training and games. The good thing is that it is very easy to buy it, I am able to buy kratom near me all the time. That is really cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page