Snorkel - Page 3 - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member

Re: Snorkel

Please add details and pics, if possible. I would really like to see how your install turns out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:20 PM

Please document and take plenty of pics. It would be so helpful to alot of guys. I have yet to pull the trigger on this but I will continue to wait patiently for this thread to evolve. If shipping wasnt such a problem in Alaska it would be easier.

Thanks for reviving this thread as well.

Zach

02 Trd 4x4 Tundra, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Spintech Sportsman XL, Randy Ellis Light bar, Yakima Loadwarrior Rack
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 PM

Here is my truck on the way to Inuvik last fall. I should have made a full thread for this trip. This trip was 2500+ miles non stop on pot holed dirt roads for the most part. My truck has over 100000 and it still doesnt even have a rattle.

02 Trd 4x4 Tundra, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Spintech Sportsman XL, Randy Ellis Light bar, Yakima Loadwarrior Rack

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

Wow...that would be a great thread. I'm hoping you have a lot of pictures from that trip! I would be very interested to see that 2500 mile journey documented

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 12:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to MOTOCHAIN

Will do guys. It's getting warmer here so I'm ready to park the truck for awhile and ride the bike. I hate being rushed to finish projects and this way it'll insure that it gets done right. You only get one chance to cut the hole in the fender correctly. lol.

I ordered mine from sierraexpeditions.

tundratrader- your trip sounds amazing! I'm looking at doing a few month trip which will end somewhere in AK.

2000 Tundra ~ aka SHAMU
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOCHAIN View Post
Woop Woop! Ordered my 100 series yesterday and it ships out on Monday.
now make sure you have plenty of pics of the install for us

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2005 Tundra DC TRD, 3 inch ToyTec Lift, 295/75/r16 Hankook Dynapro MTs, American Racing Chamber wheels 16x8, Drawtite Front Receiver.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:47 PM

Scheduled to arrive next Monday. So the first week of May I should have some time to get it done.

2000 Tundra ~ aka SHAMU
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 12:20 PM

It has arrived! Instead of using somebody elses thread I've started one just for the install.

https://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...l/#post1475992

Should be complete within a couple weeks.

2000 Tundra ~ aka SHAMU
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member

I'm guessing you guys havn't seen the Air Induction Pump failure threads around here lately. This idiotic pump pull air from the fender but only at startup. If you submerge the entire engine it might pour down the intake hoses right into the little pump. And then there's the diverter valves that apparently get corroded by moisture.

Perhaps a re-think of the plan is in order.

>>big$$

========================================
SR5 Dbl Cab 2009, 4x4, 5.7L, Flex Fuel, Desert Sand Mica, Tow Pkg, Cold Pkg, Ventashades, Bugflector II, AMP Bumper Step, OEM All weather mats, Line-X, OEM Chrome Running Bds, Underseat Rear Storage, OEM Sill Protectors, Chrome Tailgate edges, Chrome Lic Plate Frame, aFe Pro Dry-S Air Cleaner, Charcoal Air Filter Mod; Visor Labels Mod; Fog Lights Mod; DRL Off Mod; Extra Loud Horn Mod, OEM SS Exhaust Tip
"We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry and grasping at the spoils of the multitude." - Thomas Paine (1737-1809) Patriot
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) U. S. President
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMoney View Post
I'm guessing you guys havn't seen the Air Induction Pump failure threads around here lately. This idiotic pump pull air from the fender but only at startup. If you submerge the entire engine it might pour down the intake hoses right into the little pump. And then there's the diverter valves that apparently get corroded by moisture.

Perhaps a re-think of the plan is in order.
Nope. Not going to re-think anything. And as I've stated previously, my truck isn't a boat and I'm not planning on using it as such. Submerging the engine isn't going to happen.

2000 Tundra ~ aka SHAMU
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Rookie

Re: Volant Snorkel

Paul Wilmann ([email protected] Hotmail.com).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page