OBDII Link Error in '01 Tundra w/ 3.4 - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Question OBDII Link Error in '01 Tundra w/ 3.4

I have a check engine light burning. I tried to run a scan with an Actron CP9550 and always got a Link Error message. I tried the troubleshooting procedures in the scanner user manual to no avail. I then contacted Actron tech support and tried all of their recommendations with no change. I connected the scanner to our car and it works just fine on the car. I took the truck by Autozone and they had a blue scanner (I don't know the mfgr) and they tried several times but got the same result I did. I've been searching on line for a couple hours now with no success.

I bought the truck new and no one has worked on it but the dealer and myself. The truck is stock and nothing has been altered. While the truck was under warranty I got a check engine light, took the truck to the dealer and they replaced an oxygen sensor. The OBD port must have been working at that time.

I'm hoping someone on here is familiar with this situation and can offer some help. I can't have the only Tundra that's ever had this problem. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 02:20 AM
Lurking Member

Re: OBDII Link Error in '01 Tundra w/ 3.4

Theres a bluetooth adapter ELM327 really cheap and works good. It links to your smartphone. Use the app called torque if u have android.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the information but I still use a flip phone.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Lurking Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrinapfl View Post
Thanks for the information but I still use a flip phone.
Well it comes with software you could load up on a laptop as well ( if you have one of those )
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 06:01 AM
Senior Contributor

I'd be checking the power and grounds on the OBD2 connector and seeing if the ISO 9141 K communication line on your pre-2005 Tundra (pin 7) is getting to the ECU via an ohmmeter when the car is off (possibly with the battery disconnected to make sure the line isn't driven to a static voltage).

Of course, you'll need a wiring diagram to see where it connects to the ECU. I don't have one immediately available, but maybe another member here can provide one.

"Laughter is the best medicine. But, if you're laughing without any reason, you need medicine."

How to perform a search: Select "Advanced Search" -> Choose the "Single Search Content Type" tab, Enter the "Keyword", Select Search in Forum "1st Gen Tundra", Search by Prefix "any thread", Show results as: Choose either "Posts" or "Threads", then click on "Search Now".
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 10:26 AM
Rookie

My tundra was giving the message p1135 then I replaced the oxygen sensor and it keeps dying on the road but always be able to restart. Now it's change the code to p0128.. What could be wrong with it?
Tundra 2001 v6 3.4l.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Rookie

I'm hoping someone else has run into the same situation. No blown fuses. Everything seems to be working fine. I just cant get the check engine light to go out and OBD2 reader gives me a LINK ERROR message.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page