Stock exhaust diameter? Straight pipe or glasspack? - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Stock exhaust diameter? Straight pipe or glasspack?

Hey all,
I just cut off my stock muffler on my 2006 Toyota Tundra 4.7 v8 Double Cab SR5. I plan to reattach my tailpipe to the pipe after the resonator. But before I do so, I want to make sure what the diameter of the pipe is so I don't screw up and have to make multiple trips to the auto parts store. I did measure a diameter of 2 1/4 inches but I want an outside contribution of the measurement. Now once I get the measurement, I have about 40 inches of space I need to fill in to connect the two pipes. I can either grab a 30 inch glasspack and take two 18 extension pipes from auto zone, cut em down and clamp em all together. Or I can grab three extension pipes and adapters and clamp them all together and jerry rig the hell out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 11:02 AM
Rookie

Re: Stock exhaust diameter? Straight pipe or glasspack?

I measured just under 2.5" od on the y part where the two banks come together on my 2006. The 2.5" but band clamp fits just a hair looser than I'd like but the 2.25" slip band clamp wouldn't even fit. Sample size of 1 and your mileage may vary.

I made my own exhaust after that and dumped it just before the axle so I didn't measure the rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page