Replacement exhaust - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cheapskate

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Replacement exhaust

Hello all!

: TLDR : need exhaust and looking for suggestions. Daily driver car and just don’t want something that’s going to rot off again in three years.

I have searched the forums and can not find what I am looking for to help. Since I know the folks around here are always ready and willing I figured I would just go for the ask. ...any suggestions for an exhaust. I do not want “loud and throaty”. I am not looking for “major HP gains”.

175,000 mi on my 2000 limited tundra. Second owner. About 15,000 ago the stock muffler was rotten out to the point I could no longer tolerate it. So, seeing as it was close to Christmas, I found a “modestly” priced exhaust and ordered it.

Please don’t bash my ignorance, but it was headers back! (Yes, BOTH cats included). Yup. I shoulda known better. (Too good to be true, usually is)

Problem comes in... driving my kid home Christmas night, clang clang clang ... well. The tail piece from the up and over bend rotted through and fell off. AWESOME. The whole thing looks like it’s been there for AGES. Lesson learned.

I want to get a replacement, but I’m overwhelmed with the options. STAINLESS. Glasspack, split exhausts. I’m familiar enough, but this can make the head spin.

HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 07:28 AM
Supercharged Member

Re: Replacement exhaust

Start by reading this. No, not all 6 pages, just the first few threads by the OP. Very informative. Then after you do some reading just call him up, tell him what you want, and have him make it for you. You can take it to your local exhaust shop and they should have no problem installing it and for not a lot of money.
Buying from Keith wont be cheap, probably around $1000 or more for a cat back system, but it will be made of high grade stainless which wont rot off in a year. What you probably got was made of mild steel, not stainless, hence why it rotted off so fast, and why your OEM system lasted so long was because it was made of 409 stainless. Any exhaust system that is backed up by any kind of warranty will always be made of high grade stainless and the price will be about the same for most of them for that reason.

https://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...-system-works/
LGL002 likes this.

2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner, Rampage Patriot running boards.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Lurking Member

Re: Replacement exhaust

There are a few options you can take with your predicament, Option 1. you could go loud and cheap (50.00$) and get a Glasspack which will sound amazing yet be much much louder, Option 2. Flowmaster sells a large exhaust muffler which will likely be the same noise level as the OEM one while not being as cheap as the Glasspack will still be cheap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page