Scanguage II Fuel Cutoff Level - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Supporter

Garage
Scanguage II Fuel Cutoff Level

So I guess some vehicles turn off the injectors when coasting (not sure if the 2UZ does this or not), and the SGII can detect this. Supposedly if the SGII improperly detects this condition, it will display 9999MPG when coasting....

AND you can adjust the Fuel Cutoff on the SGII, to minimize when it displays the 9999MPG...

Well, when coasting down long hills, the 9999MPG displays for quite awhile, unless I give it a little gas (bad, since I'm already accelerating by gravity, even though the engine is idling), OR giving it a shot of brake (bad, since then I'm using my brakes more, and losing free momentum)...
Obviously when the 9999MPG is displayed, I'm assuming it stops calculating avg. mpg...Which I dont like, because its lowering my trip averages, not to mention possibly my tank avg.

I guess I'm asking if any one has played with adjusting the Fuel Cutoff, and possibly found an optimum setting for the '00-'04 2UZs, where the 9999mpg condition doesnt show as often?

Default is 24...I've tried as low as 9, and as high as 55...???

Sorry, if I'm not making sense, its 1:00AM, and my brain is telling me it's way past my bedtime...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 08:34 PM

Re: Scanguage II Fuel Cutoff Level

The manual suggests you use your throttle setting while idle then add 4 to it. To see your throttle, go to HOME then GAUGE and then select TPS. It varies from car to car. All the SG needs the cutoff value for is so it can use TPS to distinguish between the DFCO 'open loop' condition and high acceleration 'open loop' condition. There is a pretty big gap between the two, so the number can be off by a few % and still work properly. This is what my research suggests, at least. I'm going to experiment with setting mine tomorrow, as I still have it a 24
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 04:39 PM

it shows 9999 because the engine is not consuming fuel. effectively the wheels are driving the engine and all its components. your engine is literally not burning fuel.

i would presume that the calculator would be using a value of 9999 in place of infinity.

my question would be, how are you sure it does not take this into consideration?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 10:46 PM

Just reporting back, I find that on my truck the TPS reads 16 at idle and after setting the shutoff to 20 it still read 9999 but after setting to 16 (to match the TPS) i no longer get the 9999 and get an actual reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page