Ordered My First ScanGauge II! For $120.71! - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Ordered My First ScanGauge II! For $120.71!

Since I have started my quest for better mileage, a ScanGauge has been on my "Want" list for a long time. Instead of the regular $160 or so they usually cost, I got it for a steal! AdvanceAutoParts.com usually has some 15% deals going constantly which would bring the gauge down to ~$130 before taxes, as well as free shipping on orders over $75. I found a special they are running right now for $50 off plus the already free shipping! I got my ScanGauge for $120.71 shipped, taxes, and all! If anybody is interested the coupon code is WD57.
I have no idea when this code will stop working but if you're wanting a ScanGuage II then this is the absolute cheapest I can find as of yet!

Also, how have ya'll got yours mounted? I've seen several setups on here but I'm interested in mounting it possibly where the ash tray is. Has anybody done this? So excited for this new gadget to come in! As soon as the roads thaw out and UPS and USPS can make it out here to my neck of the woods, that is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Supporter

Re: Ordered My First ScanGauge II! For $120.71!

Did you really need to spend $120.71 to learn to drive like my grandma?

I have a BT OBDII ELM327 module off Amazon barking at my Torque Pro app on my Galaxy III and HP tablet for under $20.

Search for your answer.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Nah haha I have an OBDII bluetooth thing and the Torque app on my Android phone. I just wanted something more "hard wired" and dedicated. Makes it to where I don't always need to have my phone on me and connected. It's also easier and more police-friendly to look at the ScanGauge

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 02:03 PM
Das Jugghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbounty View Post
Since I have started my quest for better mileage, a ScanGauge has been on my "Want" list for a long time. Instead of the regular $160 or so they usually cost, I got it for a steal! AdvanceAutoParts.com usually has some 15% deals going constantly which would bring the gauge down to ~$130 before taxes, as well as free shipping on orders over $75. I found a special they are running right now for $50 off plus the already free shipping! I got my ScanGauge for $120.71 shipped, taxes, and all! If anybody is interested the coupon code is WD57.
I have no idea when this code will stop working but if you're wanting a ScanGuage II then this is the absolute cheapest I can find as of yet!

Also, how have ya'll got yours mounted? I've seen several setups on here but I'm interested in mounting it possibly where the ash tray is. Has anybody done this? So excited for this new gadget to come in! As soon as the roads thaw out and UPS and USPS can make it out here to my neck of the woods, that is!
Scangauge is a great tool for learning to drive for better fuel economy. I started with a Scangauge and now have an Ultragauge. I am not sure I could manage with an app on my phone - to each his own.

I mounted mine on the dash - summer heat made the velcro flow like syrup. I recommend against mounting it somewhere that results in you taking your eyes off the road.

Enjoy your new toy.

355,164 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, Ultragauge, Long Tubes with x-pipe and true duals,stock intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA [COLOR=Black]in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front and rear [SIZE=2]differentials, Cooper Discover ATP tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

It came in yesterday! I wound up mounting it on the dash top where the A-pillar meets the gauge cluster curve. I like the location but don't care much for the appearance. Makes it look kind of tacky from outside the truck. The ease of looking at it while driving is better than any other location I can find. I'm working on calibrating it now for my fuel consumption and should have that sorted out by next week. And thank you HighwayLizard, you are the reason I bought one and I am hoping I can follow in your footsteps to make it to 20+ MPG, coming from a consistent 16.5 I did make it up to 17.5 (consistent) before my scangauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page