which one do I go with - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Cool which one do I go with

I'm looking at getting a flex a lite 775 currently $444 or Borla cat back exhaust currently $499 for my 2004 Double cab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Supercharged Member

Re: which one do I go with

What model # for the exhaust? Seems kinda low priced if its stainless. Don't buy anything that isn't at least 409 grade.

2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner, Rampage Patriot running boards.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

borla exhaust 14854 cat-back exhaust

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 07:37 AM
Supercharged Member

Well the Borla is actually made of 304 stainless so it is high quality, but you know that when you buy that its purely for the sound and nothing else right?
Will the fan actually improve power to the truck and give better mileage? If yes, its probably the smart choice because you will get a return on your investment. But if there really is no tangible benefit to buying that fan then get the exhaust. No matter what they tell you, you will not notice an increase in horsepower and you will not see a noticeable increase in mileage, it will just sound cool ALL the time.

2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner, Rampage Patriot running boards.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Rookie

I don’t know if you’ve decided yet or not, but I figured I would chime in with my $0.02. I have a 2000 4.7 Tundra that came with a Borla axleback of some kind when I purchased it in December 2017. Not sure if previous owner bought just the muffler and then did custom duals or an actual kit.

My exhaust goes from the headers-cats-single exhaust pipe to where the stock muffler would be (all pretty rusty and looks original) then goes through the single-inlet stainless steel Borla muffler (looks new) and splits into duals at the rear axle for dual tips.

Sounds great, pretty deep, not too loud unless you really step on it, and doesn’t rattle the cabin or drone too much on the highway. It drones worst from about 57-65 on stock diameter tires (1800-1950RPM) and then the drone fades to a distant hum as you get up higher like 70mph+ (2100+). Plenty of people I know have stock Tundras and ask to hear mine when I pull away! Definitely super happy with this setup. Sorry I don’t have specific part numbers.

As far as MPG, I live in northern MD with lots of short hills, 45mph roads, so MPG in country driving is consistently 14-15 and highway 17-18. I cruise a few MPH over the speed limit everywhere and am a very calm driver (not -slow- but not a lead foot). Don’t expect any improvement from a free flowing exhaust, just do it because it sounds sweet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FD37DA30-63EC-4462-B048-805D9EAB755E_1551831650346.jpg (785.4 KB, 15 views)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:27 PM
Lurking Member

Just to add my 2-cents as well I have a tundra that I put the BAM system on. its from dirty deeds industries look them up,read what he has researched and compare, I feel it is a way better system than any of the other mentions ie borla,walker, magnaflow there all good but mass produced to fit many. the bam system is 100% made for the tundra, he can make it loud, quite whatever you want but you will see feel and hear the difference, best comparison on power I can give is that I live in Colorado we have many hills on the highways before even cruising at 75mph my truck would downshift up some hills after just the exhaust install this was the 1st thing I noticed,my truck no longer downshifts up these hills at 75mph at 5400 ft elevation this is a noticeable gain!! all I got was the single cat back ss system with no drone and its quite at highway speeds but sounds deep when you get on it. My opinion there is no better..
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:01 AM
Supercharged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odoul View Post
Just to add my 2-cents as well I have a tundra that I put the BAM system on. its from dirty deeds industries look them up,read what he has researched and compare, I feel it is a way better system than any of the other mentions ie borla,walker, magnaflow there all good but mass produced to fit many. the bam system is 100% made for the tundra, he can make it loud, quite whatever you want but you will see feel and hear the difference, best comparison on power I can give is that I live in Colorado we have many hills on the highways before even cruising at 75mph my truck would downshift up some hills after just the exhaust install this was the 1st thing I noticed,my truck no longer downshifts up these hills at 75mph at 5400 ft elevation this is a noticeable gain!! all I got was the single cat back ss system with no drone and its quite at highway speeds but sounds deep when you get on it. My opinion there is no better..

How much was it?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

I was looking at the dirty deeds industry website, But $795 is past my budget. I may put off till this summer, have to have replaced before inspections in August
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Garage

I would consider this one as well. Look around, you could probably make this or another seller an offer and save $25-$50.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Exhaust%2DSys...opick&thm=5000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page