20 mpg How do you do it? - Page 24 - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #346 of 348 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 11:09 AM

Re: 20 mpg How do you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwaylizard View Post
No, not really. I am thinking of trying out some Aero Tabs along with a few other aerodynamic mods. Going to eventually get around to a front air dam and maybe a cowling to shot the air up over the windshield wipers. I still use my truck to haul rock, mulch, mowers, trees, and everything else associated with the landscaping and tree business.

Always amazes me that people want to accelerate toward a red light so they can waste that gas on acceleration and then waste more sitting there waiting for the light to change. I coast whenever I can and could not possibly care less about the morons behind me.
I drive for a living. They teach us this method "jogging a light" it allows you to read the intersection and make smarter decisions like a lane change to roll right by the fool that had to rush to the red light! 😁

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #347 of 348 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 12:02 AM
Rookie

Garage

I couldnt get 20 mpg 04 tundra dc 4wd 4.7 going downhill with wind at my back. I'm getting 13.5 mpg average. This sounds crazy and doesn't make much sense but my mpg average stayed the same from 33x12.5r20 toyos 3in level to 35x12.5r20 toyos with 6.5 suspension. Interstate mpg improved with 35s I run 350 rpm's lower at 75mph compared to the 33s, in town is a different story. Gotta pay to play the game.
post #348 of 348 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 01:37 AM

My personal best was almost 22mpg on a highway trip hauling 800# of supplies and all my tools. Tonneau cover, cruise control set at 75 mph, and drive smooth without any starting or stopping.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"A man's got to know his limitations." -- Insp. H. Callahan, SFPD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page