Post Pictures of your Off-road Breaks - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cletus26

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Post Pictures of your Off-road Breaks

I've seen this on a few truck websites. I searched for one on TS and couldn't find it. Idea is to show the breaks that you have had on trails. This includes everything from suspension to dings and dents.

I'll start it off, first 3 months of having my 2000 I went offroading with a few buddies up here in norcal. We Wheeled to a camp sight and ended up all piling in to my truck with low tread on my bfg all terrains. We got to the camp sight and all was well. That morning we left and continued on our trip. Finally around lunch time we went to this muddy road, Me being the trailblazer that I am took off down the trail. About a mile down i spotted an area that I could turn around because I was hungry and done for the day. In the process of turning around I went up a rut and ended up snapping my steering knuckle up by the uca spacer. This ended up with me driving a mile out off a muddy trail with my tire leaning up against my Uca spacer. Got off the trail lifted it up and saw the damage. So i got on the phone with a buddy who had a 22ft flatbed trailer and hauled my daily driver home. All in all i had to replace my Uca spacer, Steering knuckle, and Lca. I had the spacer custom made priced out at around $500 by a drag race expert (friend of the family).

You can see on the spacer where the paint was rubbed off from the tire leaning on it. That can was completly bent at the base.

It sat in my garage for about a month until I could make enough money at work to replace everything. Keep in mind I was 17 working on weekends because of high school.

2000 Tundra, 4x4, SR5, V8, 4.5" drop bracket lift, 285/75R16 Good year Duratrac Wranglers, 16" American Racing Mohave Teflon 8 hole six lug rims, Diff Breather Mod, Map light Mod, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Pioneer Speakers Front and Back, JVC Touchscreen with unit bypass, Bluetooth Connection and Microphone, ARB Snorkel And AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Q-logic dual 8inch sub enclosure with 2 Il audio 8' subs and alpine anplifier ( thanks senortundra)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Re: Post Pictures of your Off-road Breaks

That UCA spacer is interesting.

I was out romping through the woods and must have flung a rock up, hit a stick... somethin to damage my passenger hard brake line right where it goes into the caliper. my leaky rear axle seals threw gear oil all over the drums, so the rear brakes were not functioning as they should. I was planning on fixing this first thing in the morning, but my roommate comes in to get the keys to move my truck while I am half asleep still. The driveway is dangerously steep and he hit the boulder you can see there going pretty fast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpistol View Post
That UCA spacer is interesting.

I was out romping through the woods and must have flung a rock up, hit a stick... somethin to damage my passenger hard brake line right where it goes into the caliper. my leaky rear axle seals threw gear oil all over the drums, so the rear brakes were not functioning as they should. I was planning on fixing this first thing in the morning, but my roommate comes in to get the keys to move my truck while I am half asleep still. The driveway is dangerously steep and he hit the boulder you can see there going pretty fast.

Thats crazy. Ive never seen that happen. Glad to see its fixed tho.

2000 Tundra, 4x4, SR5, V8, 4.5" drop bracket lift, 285/75R16 Good year Duratrac Wranglers, 16" American Racing Mohave Teflon 8 hole six lug rims, Diff Breather Mod, Map light Mod, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Pioneer Speakers Front and Back, JVC Touchscreen with unit bypass, Bluetooth Connection and Microphone, ARB Snorkel And AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Q-logic dual 8inch sub enclosure with 2 Il audio 8' subs and alpine anplifier ( thanks senortundra)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Newest fudge up! Tundras don't float!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1442440221613.jpg (113.5 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg 1442440237255.jpg (101.2 KB, 158 views)

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 09:04 AM

Spun a rock out from under my rear right wheel trying to pop out of a creek in the Rocky Mountains and snapped the rear yolk. Drove out in front wheel drive the rest of the way (10 mi) of snow. Then another 140mi home on the front. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1448730259.438489.jpg

2002 Tundra AC TRD. Sunroof, Alpine iDA-X305 with KCE-250BT, Kicker 1000w amp, Q-Logic box with 2 Alpine R8's, K&N CAI,Nations 270 amp Alternator, Optima Red Top and Optima Yellow Top, Bilstein 5100's 5th notch, Total Chaos UCA, Diff drop, Pro Comp 1.5" AAL and 5100's rear, 285/70/17 Pro Comp Xtreme MT's, Extended rear diff breather, Husky Liners, Toyota in box tent, Addicted Offroad Front Bumper, Warn M8000 Winch, Lightforce 240 35w HiD's and 170 Halogens.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 01:23 PM
Lurking Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesR00 View Post
Newest fudge up! Tundras don't float!
Looks familiar....

Ended up bending the back four rods and shattering the pistons...

Somehow sweet talked the insurance co into paying for the replacement engine. Only cost me $100 and a couple weeks of work...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flood1.jpg (44.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Flood.jpg (15.0 KB, 39 views)

2000 Limited TRD Mods: IPT Reworked transmission, Tru-Cool trans fluid cooler, Mishimoto trans cooler fan, Autometer Trans temp gauge, Defiant light bar, 2x Lightforce 240 Blitz, JBA Headers, Tundra Brake TSB, MT Classic II Black, 285's, Custom Blackout grill, DieHard Platinum, BHLM, all badges plastidiped, 5100's 4th notch front, 5100's in the rear, Spintech Super Pro Street, Dash LED's, Nation's Starter and Alternator 270XP Alternator, Optima red top.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Lurking Member

This one happened a year later, hopped out of the truck to take this picture, and by the time I got back the heat from the headers had melted through the shifter cable sheath and seized the cable. I managed to break it free and limp home, I used to have a picture of the cable but I can't find it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg angle.jpg (160.1 KB, 45 views)

2000 Limited TRD Mods: IPT Reworked transmission, Tru-Cool trans fluid cooler, Mishimoto trans cooler fan, Autometer Trans temp gauge, Defiant light bar, 2x Lightforce 240 Blitz, JBA Headers, Tundra Brake TSB, MT Classic II Black, 285's, Custom Blackout grill, DieHard Platinum, BHLM, all badges plastidiped, 5100's 4th notch front, 5100's in the rear, Spintech Super Pro Street, Dash LED's, Nation's Starter and Alternator 270XP Alternator, Optima red top.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Lurking Member

And the lastest one this feb. The bad bearings in the early model transmissions caught up to me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Overdrive.jpg (98.7 KB, 44 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
breaks , carnage , offroad , trail , truck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page