Southern Utah, Spring of 2015. Post if you're interested. - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Leader of Group Evil

Southern Utah, Spring of 2015. Post if you're interested.

Potentials: San Rafael Swell, Maze, Escalante, Capitol Reef, Elk Ridge, Dark Canyon, Beef Basin.

Not looking in particular at Moab this trip.

Backcountry camping, dirt roads, scenery, running, hiking.

Post up your level of interest (from "keep me posted" to "clearing my schedule right now" or whatever), and what vehicle you'd bring. If it's built, leave it at that, I'll trust you, it's more for guys whose builds are in progress and maybe have a lift and tires, or skids but not sliders, or bone stock but with a rooftop tent and a good radio. There are routes for everyone in these areas.

At minimum, I'd prefer any vehicle on the trip have full skid plates, a 5100 kit or other extended-travel suspension setup, all-terrain tires in good condition with at least a 3-ply sidewall and a fullsize spare, and a CB radio with a properly tuned antenna.

At least one (rear) locker, rock sliders, 33"+ tires, extended front and rear shocks, 20# CO2 or a large compressor, and a 2-meter HAM radio are certainly worth recommending in addition to the minimum, but not likely necessary.

-Sean

1-Gen Tundra Offroad Technical FAQ Index

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vs.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Re: Southern Utah, Spring of 2015. Post if you're interested.

I'm definitely interested in the scenery, dirt roads and camping. Running, though... hopefully not.

How long of a trip are you thinking? Doubtful I'd be able to get down for a week, but since it's just a few hours away I can easily get down for the weekend, may be able to make it an extended weekend.

My truck will be feeling up to it.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Lurking Member

Ooooh this sounds interesting. This definitely sounds interesting, consider me "entertained". I was sort of planning a MT/WY run this year and doing the Morrison Jeep Trail among others but could probably be persuaded otherwise.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Supporter

Garage

I'll have to see if I can make plans for this with the family. Narrow some dates down.

~Mike
SAC'ed 2000 V8 tundra - http://dyogim.blogspot.com
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 12:28 AM

It's doubtful my pile will be wheelable by then, but it sounds like a great time.

First Gen > *
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Rookie

I'm liking this.

2014 Tundra CrewMax SR5 4x4
Las Vegas NV.--Killeen TX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page