Narrow vs Wide Tires: Watcha guys think of this? - Page 2 - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Re: Narrow vs Wide Tires: Watcha guys think of this?

Stock as in 5100s and massaging the wheel well with an 8 lb sledge hammer? 255/85r16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info. So, I don't have plans to lift. I already ordered Rancho 9000s since I wasn't ready to go full blast with UCAs since I won't do 5100s again. I don't mind spending the money but also don't know what the hell setup I should go with or have time to research anything. I don't want to have to diff drop.

With all 4 skid plates I feel pretty confident at the stock height for the wheelin I do which is simply just trying to get to better camping spots than most other people. But the extra weight could have me riding even lower.

I was looking at the Toyo Open Country AT for my next tires. Tallest/Skinny they come is 235/85 (I want load range E). I guess I will have to look at other brands.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 08:46 AM

If airplane logic helps in off road situations...it's the harder the surface, the harder the tire (more air pressure); the softer the surface the softer the tire. That is the way it is, wide or narrow tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page