Trails in VA - Page 3 - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Forum Admin

Garage
Re: Trails in VA

puddles shmuddles, some of those are like 4ft. deep. haha. The rain gullies coming down the mountain are tricky too. I've been down those trails when I was at Tech. We ended up in a thornbush prickly pear patch, my friend drove his K5 in it and said, "it's ok, they didnt scratch the paint at all." His truck was white, of course you can't see scratches in a '79 K5. The Jeep I was in went through and had new racing stripes afterwards. ha!

Damn those trails were fun. I bet they're quite nasty now. I'll be going to Tech in September... I won't be diving into any thornbushes though.

New to the forum?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions about advertising?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Know the facts about

(click)

Link to Amsoil -->

Be an organ & tissue donor, register at

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundrenaline View Post
puddles shmuddles, some of those are like 4ft. deep. haha. The rain gullies coming down the mountain are tricky too. I've been down those trails when I was at Tech. We ended up in a thornbush prickly pear patch, my friend drove his K5 in it and said, "it's ok, they didnt scratch the paint at all." His truck was white, of course you can't see scratches in a '79 K5. The Jeep I was in went through and had new racing stripes afterwards. ha!

Damn those trails were fun. I bet they're quite nasty now. I'll be going to Tech in September... I won't be diving into any thornbushes though.
like to know exactly where u were at! there are many little trails all around the blacksburg area. on MT Lake area can get a little tight not enough to make me want to not go through them. When u guys have some open time well hit the MT

Bristol Va Home Blacksburg Va Hometown

Tundra 00 White AC 4x4 mods: IS Grill, Clear corners, TRD 3rd brake light, Indiglo guages, Prodogy P3 controller, Rear 55w Reverse lights, Polyurethane Rack and Pinion bushings, 5100 struts/shocks, 90% LED conversion... more to come

Supra 87 Black Turbo Targa Blown rod mod

Supra 89 Red Turbo Targa daily driver, lightly modded
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Jetes03tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma717mgte View Post
like to know exactly where u were at! there are many little trails all around the blacksburg area. on MT Lake area can get a little tight not enough to make me want to not go through them. When u guys have some open time well hit the MT
I'll let you know when i get back for school!

2006 silverado with full bolt on's and its fast

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 07:39 PM

Garage

Thought I'd revive this old thread. I live in Harrisonburg, Va and have been itching to do some mild- moderate off roading but can never find anyone to go with. If anyone is planning on doing any wheeling this fall and would like one more for the group shoot me a pm.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Rookie

Garage

Hey BongongTundraDC, you ever end up going wheeling?
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Forum Admin

Garage

I went up to Shoe Creek in mid October with one other truck. Caught up with a gang of FJ's from FJCruiserForums on the trails. Was a pretty fun ride until my friend broke his driveshaft mid-trail. We camped overnight, bonfire, beers, and had a good time. Towed him off the trail next morning and headed home. I'd recommend Shoe Creek. I've heard you can do it stock, but there are some places you need some extra clearance. Nice big boulders to climb, steep inclines/declines, and some water crossings too.

New to the forum?

Questions about advertising?

Know the facts about

(click)

Link to Amsoil -->

Be an organ & tissue donor, register at

post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 11:11 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetes03tundra View Post
I'll let you know when i get back for school!
I just moved up to blacksburg, gf's going to tech, ill be up here for at least the next 2 years and would love to know some place's to do some moderate off roading!
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 04:43 AM

I was researching this topic and saw some trails to the west of harrisonburg called like Long Run, and Flag Pole and some random FR numbers. Whats the deal with these? Are they worth doing? I live in Norfolk so thats a solid drive for me and would like assurance that its worth a weekend trip. Would like something too with some solid obstacles. I like a challenge and my friends have way more capable jeeps.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 05:28 AM

Garage

Since my last post i have joined a 4wheel drive club up in blacksburg and have found out about a couple trails, theres one up near harrisonburg area (i think) called shoe creek, i havent been personally but people make day trips out of it and say its not hard at all, then if you google potts mountain jeep trail its a little further from you but definitely has some pretty good obstacles on the main trail then theres other little trails that break off that have some hardish obstacles, i sustained bed and bumper damage at potts pretty much only because it had been raining for 3 or 4 days before and was raining the day we went so it was very very slick, i would also recommend at potts having someone thats pretty built with a winch go first (just my 2cents) and there is a big field in close to the middle of the trail that you can camp on. then in a few weeks we are going to harlan kentucky for what is supposedly a huge crawling park with miles and miles of trails that would easily make a couple days camping trip
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 05:53 AM

my buddies have all been to harlen, they had nothing but good things to say. Shoe creek is right by wintergreen ski resort, i did that stock on worn highway thread tires. the hike to crabtree falls is worth the trip tho. We did uwharrie in NC last weekend, thats pretty close to greensboro which is probably closer to you in blacksburg than us at the beach. Uwharrie is pretty epic for trails and overall camping experience.
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 10:56 PM

Garage

Yea im gonna try and go to Uwharrie before the years up, ive heard its really nice from others also, theres supposedly a group of 1st gens heading to windrock park in oliver springs Tennessee that im gonna try and get up with, 72K acre park with miles of trails and lots of camping and lodges
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 09:45 AM

nice, too bad oliver springs TN is 9 hours from me.... I'd be into trying to wheel with some other people with heavy IFS trucks... dont see many people doing it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page