Kenwood DDX9905S Screen Brightness - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Lurking Member

Kenwood DDX9905S Screen Brightness

After ready such great reviews on Kenwoods in general I was surprised that when I first jumped in my Sequoia after having the unit installed at Best Buy the first thing I noticed was how dim the screen was. Thought it was just the settings so I left the store and didnít get to start tweaking with it until a few hours later.

Having finally cranked up all the settings the screen is extremely dim during the day. Plus, if Iím wearing sunglasses I can barely see it and usually have to lower my sunglasses to see it or lean towards the midd;le of the screen. The difference is not noticeable at night but very noticeable during he day when I have my phone on the mount immediately next to the screen. My IPhone X seems to be twice as bright than the Kenwoodís screen.

Anybody have any experience with this, do I have a dud? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:06 AM

Re: Kenwood DDX9905S Screen Brightness

Some Kenwoods have a "viewing angle" adjustment feature which can increase the brightness and contrast.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:39 PM
Lurking Member

Re: Kenwood DDX9905S Screen Brightness

Also check to see if your headlights are on. They'll dim the screen. Ours is visible in any condition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page