Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum - View Single Post - Bilstein 6112 60mm Front Shocks for my 2006 Tundra Access Cab 4x4
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 12:45 PM
speedtre
Supporter

Re: Bilstein 6112 60mm Front Shocks for my 2006 Tundra Access Cab 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPaul View Post
Well, It's been awhile. Unfortunately I've had some health issues that have slowed me down some.

I finally got my Bilstein 6112 front and 5160 rear shocks installed about 6 months ago. I set the fronts at Bilstein's recommended max height for my Access Cab 4wd. I got about 1.25" of lift, but my starting point was a cheap aftermarket replacement shock & spring set. On the rear I added Wheeler's Offroad 1.5" add-aleaf springs. The ride is excellent on the street. I haven't been offroad yet. As seems typical for me, shortly after installing the shocks & springs, someone hit the front of my truck. Also a couple of hundred miles after the install, my CV boots started leaking.

When I finally was able to change the boots, I found that the previous owner had installed non-Toyota CV shafts, so the boots I had didn't fit properly. So after some thought, I ordered new Toyota CV Shafts, upper & lower ball joints & tie rod ends. That's my next project. I'm still not up to snuff, so it will likely be a slow process.

Anyway here's some pics of the install.
1: Bilstein 6112 front shock & spring.
2: Bilstein front 5100 vs 6112.
3: Bilstein rear 5160 vs 5100.
4: Bilstein 6112 vs Monroe Shock & spring.
5: Bilstein front 6112 installed.
6: Bilstein rear 5160 & Wheeler's add-a-leaf installed.
Thanks for the update!

2005 Tundra DC SR5 TRD LSD 4WD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome