Lift on its way, need tire and wheel confirmation please - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Lurking Member

Lift on its way, need tire and wheel confirmation please

If my research, math, and terrible common sense serves me right(which it never does), then I should be free and clear of rubbing the UCA and frame. I know I may have to HammerTime the pinchwelds and grind away at my fenders. Any and all input is very appreciated!!! Even if I get a simple 'NO' from someone who is knowledgeable in this area, then I will know that my math is off and I need to figure it out a little harder.

2.5 inch lift
285/75r16 rubber
16x8 wheel with 4.25 backspace

Will it fit?

Currently have a write up of what I'm getting done on my 2003 Tundra AC

https://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...ra-kind-build/

Will be putting on OME 2.5 lift when it comes in

https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyot...toyota-tundra/

Would like to run 285/75r16 All terrain tires
And was thinking about ordering these Pro Comp
16x8 with 4.25 backspace

Pro Comp Steel Wheels - Pro Comp Series 97, 16x8 Wheel with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern - Gloss Black 97-6883 | 4WheelParts.com

2003 Tundra Access Cab - JBA Ceramic Coated Header, AFE Cold Air Intake
1972 Fiat 124 Spider - work in progress
1971 Datsun 510 [FOR SALE-accepting offers]- SR20DE, tucked and shaved engine bay, and much MUCH more, I bought not built
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 03tundraNoob; 03-03-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Lurking Member

Need someone to tell me my calculations for lift/wheel,tire are correct

So... after some more digging and researching, I finally re-found the wheel backspace cheat sheet (which i can't attach as a photo from my iPhone) but I still need someone with more knowledge than me to give me the thumbs up or thumbs down on do-ability.

According to the cheat sheet (if I understand correctly) I would need a -12 mm for a 4 inch BS. Am I right on this?

And I've changed my mind on wheels... well, I had some time since I haven't gotten an answer to my question.

Now I want these wheels: Pro Comp Series 7069 16x8 ; 6x5.5 pattern ; 4 inch BS ; -12 mm offset.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...p+Alloy+Wheels

I've also changed my mind on rubber. Been price shopping and I'll be buying the Kumho Road Adventure AT51 in 285/75R16 from Jegs online for $592 shipped.

Can someone please help me with a yes or no and maybe suggestions? I'd like to order them as soon as possible so that I get everything put together. Plus, I don't know what the hell im doing?!
Attached Images
File Type: gif IMG_2029.GIF (11.5 KB, 37 views)

1971 Datsun 510 [FOR SALE-accepting offers]- SR20DE, tucked and shaved engine bay, and much MUCH more, I bought not built
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 03tundraNoob; 03-08-2017 at 02:50 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:20 PM

Garage
Re: Lift on its way, need tire and wheel confirmation please

I had a 2001 Access Cab Limited 4x4. I installed the Ivan Stewart TRD Wheels (16x8 with 0 offset, I believe) with BFG AT 285/75/16. At stock height, the fronts rubbed in the rear outer wheel well area (there is a 1" square raised area) and the forward frame area (lightly) at full lock, mainly while going into driveways. I then installed Performance Products (unfortunately no longer in business) progressive rate front spring lift with the then available TRD Orange Bilsteins, which settled to a 1 3/4 inch lift over stock height. No more rubbing.

Good Luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (35.7 KB, 22 views)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Lurking Member

Re: Lift on its way, need tire and wheel confirmation please

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPaul View Post
I had a 2001 Access Cab Limited 4x4. I installed the Ivan Stewart TRD Wheels (16x8 with 0 offset, I believe) with BFG AT 285/75/16. At stock height, the fronts rubbed in the rear outer wheel well area (there is a 1" square raised area) and the forward frame area (lightly) at full lock, mainly while going into driveways. I then installed Performance Products (unfortunately no longer in business) progressive rate front spring lift with the then available TRD Orange Bilsteins, which settled to a 1 3/4 inch lift over stock height. No more rubbing.

Good Luck!
FANTASTIC!!!! I already orders parts because I was running out of time. Thanks for the reply because I now feel much more at ease. Thank you much!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page