Studded tires - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Lurking Member

Studded tires

I know this might be a silly question, but I’ll ask anyways. Can you put studded tires on only the back two tires? I have a 2001 tundra 2x4 v6. The reason I ask is I really can’t afford four new seasonal tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:43 AM
Rookie

Re: Studded tires

Yes you can. They will definately help you go in the snow. But if the type of driving you do requires stopping and turning then I'd recommend winter tires on all 4 wheels.
Seriously though, if you can only afford 2, then 2 on the rear will be better than 4 all seasons.

Stay safe out there!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 11:26 AM
Supercharged Member

Re: Studded tires

My question would be why studded? Even the cheapest snow tires can be better than the best all seasons in snow. If youre just looking for better snow traction just buy some used snow tires for less than half the price of new ones.

2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner, Rampage Patriot running boards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page