PERAGON Bed Cover "SUCKS" - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Angry PERAGON Bed Cover "SUCKS"

Anyone ready to order a new PERAGON Bed Cover for their Tundra. They really look and sound great on their web site. I ordered one after seeing it on their wed site and I have to say after receiving it I’m NOT near as impressed as I was after seeing it operate on the PERAGON web site. Before you make your purchase check out this review. ~ www.geocities.com/peragon_cover_review/index.html ~ The review is a little exaggerated but you’ll get the idea. ~ My cover was delivered promptly by FedEx ( In less then 2 Weeks ) and I installed it by myself in about 4 hours and I took my time reading all the directions so I would have as few “Do Over’s” as possible. Two guys (in review) taking 6 hours would require a lot of Beer time. Maybe that explains them using more tools and the stripped threads. I found the hardware to be all there and usable. I was also able to install the cover with the tool suggested, although I didn’t have to use the Electric drill for anything. I did call the PERAGON Tech line once with a question. I did have to leave a message but they called me back within about 10 min. and was very helpful. ~ WITH ALL THAT SAID ~ after I got it installed I found a major problem. With the cover open and folded up in front of the truck bed it takes up a lot more space then PERAGON suggested. You will lose about 2 foot of your bed and that’s a big problem with a short bed double cab. ( It Really SUCKS ) I would look else where for a cover if I were making the same purchase again. BUT if any of you still think you would like the PERAGON cover I can sell you one CHEAP! :smokin:

~ 2005 TOYOTA Tundra SR5 Double Cab “Texas Edition” ~
~ Silver Sky Metallic Exterior ~ Dark Charcoal Interior w/Leather Bucket Seats ~ iForce 4.7 Liter V8 ~ 5 Speed Automatic Trans. w/OD ~ Power Rear Window ~ Towing Package ~ Factory 16" Texas Edition Polished Alloy Wheels ~ Chrome Side Step Nerf Bars ~ Factory Spray-On Bed Liner ~ Peragon Bed Cover ~ “My Truck” @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Toyota Tundra “Texas Edition” is a package installed by GST (Gulf States Toyota) GST is one of only two US Toyota distributors not owned by Toyota Motor Sales (the other is JM Family Enterprises' Southeast Toyota Distributors)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Rookie

Re: PERAGON Bed Cover "SUCKS"

Thanks for the information. I have been looking at those myself. I guess I will look elsewhere.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

Truxedo.

07 DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7 TRD exhaust, 85K miles. Truxedo Lo-Pro with deck rails. Front Susp: Stock coilovers, 4" lift (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), swapped extra spacers for Bilstein 5100s on lowest setting, wheel well height still 41.5." Rear Susp: ProComp ES3000 #326510 (2.25" taller than stock), 1.25" blocks plus PRG mini-pack (
) gives 2.25" total lift, parking brake cable bracket spacers, wheel well height 43." Front diff and rear ds drop; trailer hitch electrical harness tucked up above bumper. After 21K miles swapped 305/65/18 BFG AT for 285/75/18 Toyo AT, still on stock 18x8x60 offset TRD wheels, about 1/8" clearance to sway bar. Like the extra height but miss the width. Added 5th 285/75/18 Toyo AT as spare. 75K went to new 285/75/18 Toyo AT II. Bed Bounce: Stiffer E-tires are worse than stock P-metric; biggest improvement from PRG mini-pack, slight improvement from shocks. Still a stiff ride but tolerable now. Best things about this truck: 5.7 and transmission, interior size and comfort, very quiet at high speed. Worst things about this truck: bed bounce, no VSC in 4wd, mileage sucks above 70. SOLD 8/2013

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAcosta View Post
Truxedo.
I will 2nd that!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2007 CrewMax Limited
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:25 PM
Rookie

How much for the peragon cover?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:08 AM
Supercharged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa10219 View Post
How much for the peragon cover?
This thread is 11 years old, so don't hold your breath
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 03:19 PM
Supercharged Member

If you want to know when the last time someone was on here click on their name then View Public Profile. The page that opens will show you a persons last activity. In this case the op, Blackstar, hasn't been on here since December of 2008. Like Johnny said, he probably wont be responding.

2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner, Rampage Patriot running boards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« Retractable covers | - »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page