Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m dealing with the issue of my 07 Tundra double cab 4wd not shifting past fourth. Starting, acceleration, and shifting through fourth gear seems normal. The traction control light is solid, the VSC light is flashing, the check engine light is solid, and the 4lo Light is flashing.
I’ve read all the various threads on troubleshooting this issue, but I wanted to know if any of you have come across an ODB2 scanner reading “Code not found in database“, and what that might mean?

Thanks

· Registered
679 Posts
Might have to take it to a Dealer and have them scan it with their scanner. I would hard boot the system and re-scan before I paid a dealership to check it. Wish I could be more helpful here...
Disconnect one battery cable, press horn button or turn on light switch to drain the elec system, wait ten minutes, re-connect battery, start it up. You may have to drive a few miles to get idle to re-set and the computer to get everything back on track. May end up re-setting radio/nav info but it is free and worth a shot. Let us know what you find out. Chap

· Registered
4,153 Posts
I thought I read that means your code reader is not the kind that can display all codes. Try taking it to a auto parts store that has code readers and see if theirs does the same thing.

· Registered
679 Posts
I have an old scanner that I have had for years. I recently purchased a "FIXD" scan tool that plugs into the truck and works through my cell phone. It has a more detailed coverage subscription you can get but I have been fine with just the basic scan functions which are free. You can get it on Amazon but the FIXD website has them for 1/2 of Amazon price. For $20 and in tells you what the codes are and the repair needed as well as erases codes. You can set it up for multiple vehicles.
Here is the link. Works great for me. Chap
Sensor-67 (fixd.com)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts