Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to know if anyone has timed there DC,or CM 0-60 times with a gtech or stop watch.I know a stop watch can lie but it will give us an idea.I ran the truck 08 DC 4X4 TRD, magnaflow exh,airaid cai, stock size offroad tires ,1/2 tank of fuel and ran a 6.77 on the stop watch (RAN 2 TIMES),70 deg outside 2000 ft elev(southern oregon).The old titan would run a 7.1(same mods) 0-60 same road etc.I only put 25 miles on the odo. after installing the cai and running the 0-60.(pyrite mica fastest color):D

jim

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Just wanting to know if anyone has timed there DC,or CM 0-60 times with a gtech or stop watch.I know a stop watch can lie but it will give us an idea.I ran the truck 08 DC 4X4 TRD, magnaflow exh,airaid cai, stock size offroad tires ,1/2 tank of fuel and ran a 6.77 on the stop watch (RAN 2 TIMES),70 deg outside 2000 ft elev(southern oregon).The old titan would run a 7.1(same mods) 0-60 same road etc.I only put 25 miles on the odo. after installing the cai and running the 0-60.(pyrite mica fastest color):D

jim
Do a search on 0-60 times and you will find lots of stuff:tu:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Full Test: 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4x4

Edmunds has done it in 6.3, with the quarter in a couple ticks under 15. Most mags I've seen the DC 4x4 tested in peg it at 6.3-6.5 seconds. High 6s is more Crewmax territory. Of course these are pros on proper tracks with accurate instruments, but just to give you an idea of what's possible.

Amazing stuff: 15 yrs ago, under 10 seconds was pretty darn good. 5-6 years ago high 7s was considered impressive for any half ton. Now we got nearly 6000 pound trucks that can run with BMWs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the for the reply,yes it is amazing now days that a 6 k truck runs this good.Not too beat a dead horse. just wanted to see real world results.I have read all the mags,etc.AND SEARCHED:D

thanks jim

·
Registered
195 Posts
Car & Driver run a 5.7 4x4 in 6.0 seconds - you can download the test sheet for free on their website. I do trust them a bit more than Edmunds.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
6.0 secs is impressive for a DC 5.7 considering how heavy they are.

I can get 5 seconds flat on a nice cool day out of my reg cab (verified via radar gun and a stop watch)

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'll have to look that up. Never seen anything better than 6.3 for a DC. But I also know it depends on the driver and how performance oriented the publication is. I think CR has often been 1-2 seconds slower than everybody else on the same vehicles.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
They are pretty good as long as there are no bumps or jolts in the quarter mile pass. A smooth pass and they will usually be within a tenth in ET, but the trap speeds tend to be a little optimistic (too high). In any case they are a useful tool for seeing the results of tweaks etc as an alternate to overly crowded dragstrips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts