Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: 1st post and I need your help! Coming back to work from lunch today, and my 2000 V6 Tundra died while making a right hand turn. Ok, kinda odd, but it's 7 years old and 92k miles, so whatever. Put it in neutral, started, gave it some juice and away we went. Next turn, same thing!?! WTF?! Battery is good, as it spins over fine. Voltmeter shows charging.

It runs great, it just won't idle. If I start it while giving it gas and then keep the RPMs up after it lights off, it will go. Changed plugs and fuel filter about 10K miles ago. Air filter (K&N) is good, cleaned MAF about 8k ago because of rough idle (cured it), but this isn't rough like that was- this is NO idle! Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure the none of the vacuum lines got disconnected. Does this happen when engine is at operating temp or when its cold or both?? How does the brake feel? It may be caused by defective brake booster.
Looked at all the vaccum lines and everything looks good. It's occuring at operating temps (right now). I D/Ced the battery, let it sit for a few mins and then started it back, thinking that might somehow reset the ECM. Well, I still have to juice it to get it started, but it will at least idle, albeit very rough. So now I'm thinking maybe the MAF sensor? If so my K&N is getting the boot- this is crap. Curious about the brake booster comment- can you explain that one to me? I'm not the worlds best mechanic but I've never heard a correlation between a brake booster and a idle problem....but given the linked nature of everything now, I wouldn't be surprised. THANKS!!!!:cry:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.