Toyota Tundra Forums banner

'01 Double cab 4x4 Tacoma problems?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rugerm44 
#1 ·
I'm looking at buying an '01 double cab 4x4 Tacoma. I usually stay away from the 1st year of a new model because of the potential for more problems with a new design. I currently have a '98 4Runner, but have no previous familiarity with Tacoma's or this model. Anything specific I should look out for with this model/year?

#3 ·
MCE1 said:
I'm looking at buying an '01 double cab 4x4 Tacoma. I usually stay away from the 1st year of a new model because of the potential for more problems with a new design. I currently have a '98 4Runner, but have no previous familiarity with Tacoma's or this model. Anything specific I should look out for with this model/year?
A) the bed is too small
B) the cab is too small

Those are the problems I can see and I dont even own one! ;)

#4 ·
I agree about the bed, but the cab isn't small at all... Go sit in a frontier, S10, sonoma double cab and see how small those are... The only one that is better is the Dakota, but I wouldn't never buy a dodge..... I am 6'5 250 pounds so it isn't small I really enjoy my truck.......

file014 said:
A) the bed is too small
B) the cab is too small

Those are the problems I can see and I dont even own one! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.