Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to reese917, I now have functioning fog lights on my 01. I have done a couple of fog lights installs on two other cars, with factory components, but this was a piece of cake!!!

I removed the two blank covers from the bumper and wire brushed the studs the hold the lights. I installed the lights and used hex nuts I had from a wrecked Hyundai. I also used some blade connectors, because I didn't use the factory switch. I'll get the OEM switch at some point. After the lights were installed, I uncoiled the 9006 connectors from behind the bumper, plugged them in and moved to the engine fuse box.

I saw that the fuse was installed, but the relay was not. I moved the cig outlet relay over, until I got one from Advance Auto, and moved to the dash.

I removed the panel below the steering wheel and reached to pull the far left oval blank switch. There was a connector attached behind it!!! If I had the OEM switch I would have been done!!! Instead I used an oval rocker switch and drilled a 1/2" hole on the blank cover. I had to epoxy the switch to the cover, because the ring did not fit behind the cover.

I tested the power on the connector which has four wires going to it. I used three thin spade connectors from the Hyundai and wired the switch. The fog light switch connector has the bottom three pins wired and the forth wire (which I didn't use) was above on the left. The left lower powered up with the head lights. The middle lit the indicator light on the switch and the right was the ground.

A complete parts kit would make this install possible in half an hour with a beer break!!!

These are lights still in reese917's Tundra (I'm using his picture :ts: )

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I replaced the rocker switch with the factory switch. Is there an indicator light when the fogs are turned on?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, thanks!!! The switch is lit (both with it on or off) with the dash lights on. I thought there might have been a dash indicator light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts