Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Highlander (4 cyl version) threw a P0141 ODB2 code (Bank 1, Sensor 2). I bought the new sensor, but when I went to install it, I noticed the repair manual I have doesn't exactly show my year exhaust components (it shows a 2005 4-cyl, which I guess is different or the manual is wrong). So, where is it exactly located? Looking down into the engine compartment, I see two sensors right after the exhaust manifold, then two right where the path slinks to the underbelly of the car. My guess is it is the one near the ground on the right side (if you are at the front of the car facing the rear). Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a P0141 code last month. Didn't have the time or energy to fix it, so I took to local repair shop. They replaced the front exhaust manifold A/F sensor. (Mine's a V6)

Cost me $440 :cry:

Wish I had replaced it myself now! Lazy B#stard I am.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fixed mine a few days after I posted. Figured I had a 50/50 shot and would just swap if I missed it. It was the right most sensor... Total cost was $55 using an O2 Bosch sensor I got off eBay and about 30mins of time. The hardest part was removing the 10mm bolts off the air damn after a rain storm and a canker worm infestation in my trees. I got covered in worm poo and water.

Now the Highlander is throwing p0420 and p0430 codes. Gotta love fixing it yourself! Going to do the recall ECU program and if that doesn't work... off to eBay again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts