Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 has locking center diff button, so you can have center locked in 4 hi and low as compared to 01 with denter locked when in 4 lo and transmission in low?

Which system is better?

03 has 17' wheels. Was the AC underdesign fixed in 03?

Another question my 00 tundra benefited from the tundra front brake tsb are the 01 sequoia brakes similar in that they could benefit from the larger calipers and rotors?

tried to search for what to look for in buying a used one, but not finding much. Maybe Im not using the best search terms?
Any sugestions as what to watch for? I know there are header options for the tundra are there for the sequoia as well?

Thanks guys and gals.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
03 also has drive by wire where 00-02 are driven by cable

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have an 01 that I use off roading. I wish I had the 03 Transfer Case. I like my JBA ceramic headers.
I don't know if it is true but someone posted the 01-03 transfer cases actually are the same, Toyota changed the electronics for 03 and then the case as well for 04.

I would have definately shopped harder for 03 or newer in my price range had a I realized the difference, IIRC I thought it was only the steering wheel stereo controls and air suspension! The 01 and 02 only lock when in 4lo first gear forwards. Imagine using it going up a steep dirt hill, then using reverse on an obstacle and it automatically unlocks the transfer case for you - been there done that, not fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts