Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone EVER heard of this? I have spent the past 2 hrs looking for a solution to this similar problem. 3 of my 4 side door windows will not go up or down; only the driver's side window works. I've occasionally had a problem with the driver's side window: I would hold the button down too long and the window would stop operating. After a brief delay (15+ minutes) the window would start to work. I have never had a problem with the other windows, certainly not 3 at one time.

Interestingly, the owner's manual describes fuses for ONLY the rear seat passenger door windows; there is no reference to the front seat passenger windows. I did check those fuses and they were fine.

My troubleshooting steps will be: (1) check to see if the door locks work; (2) check to see if I can operate the power windows with the door key; (3) check ALL of the fuses. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

I have a full of the repair manuals, Vol 1&2.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
did you press the window lock button, on thing i can think of that will cause only the drivers window to work. it a button on the drivers door panel that has a window with a slash through it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Potentially a loose connection on the drivers window switch??? I believe the drivers switch is the "master" of the system and none of the others would work if it was disconnected.

Getting a spare drivers door window switch assembly from a scrapped Sequoia/Tundra would probably be a good place to start, I'm thinking the issue is somehow related to that switch.

·
Registered
724 Posts
did you press the window lock button, on thing i can think of that will cause only the drivers window to work. it a button on the drivers door panel that has a window with a slash through it
Good idea. I have inadvertently pushed that button on several occasions. Start with the free stuff first!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had similar issues with my 02. Lost use of all window in the back seat or tailgate. Only the front windows would work and only from the driver's door. I suspected the master switch in the driver's door, but couldn't swing the price of it. I found one eventually for $10 of a guy scrapping his truck that fixed it. It appears to be the window lock switch. After finding the switch I found the following on how to bypass the window lock switch.

To recap, the driver window worked fine. The passenger window only worked from the driver switch. The rear seat windows didn't work at all but would make a small click noise when operated from the driver switch only. the rear hatch would only work with the key. I checked the "power main relay" behind the fuse panel in the driver foot well area. Sure enough it wasn't working but the relay itself was fine.
There is a signal wire coming from the driver switch "driver door ecu" that tells this relay when to activate. It is red - light blue and it is located at terminal #7. I jumpered the wire at the switch to force it to have voltage and that's when everything started to work normal again. I jumpered it from #7 to #21 which is a black - red wire. I used a small wire and went in from the back of the wide connector to do this since the connector needs to be plugged in. I got my new temporary wire ends to fit in along with the original wire at location 7 and 21. When this worked I determined that the driver switch is no longer allowing the voltage to go out of #7, which is the window lock circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts