Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closing in on buying an 01 Sequoia Limited from my 97 4Runner....but I'm having concerns that it might not fit in the garage!:eek:
Could somebody please put a strait edge across the roof rack and let me know what you come up with? I have 6' 7.5" of clearance to get in and it sure seem like it's gonna be close!
Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks! Looks like it's gonna fit!
Just be sure your Turn off the Radio before driving in!!!
The power antenna is higher than the roof racks and will hit when you enter.

I just about BENT mine 3 or 4 or 10 times before I learned my lesson.

But other than that my Sequoia fits easily in my garage.
Then again, I guess it depends on your garage size.

I am no help am I????

·
Registered
62 Posts
Umm.. seriously?

Open the sunroof cover, and put up the antenna before you pull in the first time. Take it SLOOWWWW

Take it slow -- if the antenna hits you may have a problem. (The antenna's a lot cheaper to fix than sheet metal or the roof rack)

If you've still got questions about clearance -- stop the car, put it in park, and put your head out the sunroof.

Sounds stupid but I've done this a couple of times, even in a parking garage with my '02. My 02 shows as 76.5 " on the spec sheet to the top of the roof rack -- 6' 5 or thereabouts..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Our sales guy let us take our 01 sequoia home to see if it would fit before we bought it. just tell them no deal unless you take it home to check.
GO BUCKEYES !!! :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Lol yeah I too have done a number on the antenna in the garage.

Go gators!:p

·
Registered
206 Posts
My door opening is 6'10.5" and the tip of my antenna drags IF there is no passenger in the truck. That's with 265/70 R17 Tires, one size up from stock.

I measured the roof clearance before I bought it but I didn't even notice or think about the antenna until a few months after we bought the truck, I just happened to notice it rub one time when I pulled in - Lucky me! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts