Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I go about removing the front bumper on my Tundra? Is there any precautions I should take before doing so as well? I need to remove a dent on the front bumper, and also need to move the passenger side wheel well area forward (away from the door) Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
836 Posts
There are 3 bolts on the outside of the frame rails that come out first. 14mm if I remember. There are alignment pins that will hold it up so it wont fall on you. The bumper is also supported on either side by rubber bushings on a stud. The bumper has a hook that wraps around the bushing. there is a keeper nut that holds the bushing in place. It may help to remove the bushings, but it will be challenging to remount later. (Ive done it both ways.) Then disconnect your fog lights. Just unplug them or twist the bulbs out. takes a bit of wrestling to get the bumper off, but it will come.
To get my dents out, I used a deadblow hammer, plastic mallet.. a rubber mallet may work well too, the metal is pretty soft. Rest the bumper on a sandbag or equivalent to help absorb the hammer blows.
Remounting can be challenging by yourself. Ive done it solo a few times now. Not impossible, but a little awkward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All right thank you for the response, I'm about to tackle the job right after I eat breakfast, I'll post how it goes.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Np.
I just checked, there are only 2 bolts on each side of the frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the bumper off and did what I could with it, the passenger side front wheel well is the only thing I can't figure out now, any ideas?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ive never done anything with my fenders so I dont know what to tell you there. You could try loosening the bolts that run along the top of the fender (under the hood) to see if you can move it at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts