Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01' tundra and am lookin to lift it. I'm trying to go with 35/1250/20"s. Everything i have read said a leveling kit would clear 33"s but i'm wondering if i trim the fenders if i could clear thirty fives. i i have no problems cutting the bumper either. I have everything to do it, but i dont want to go buy 35's and them scrub the frame. If anyone has any tips, they would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I've got over 6.5" of front lift and 315/75R16s still rub in certain situations. If you can make them fit I think it'll take alot of trimming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i figured i'd have some trimming to do. i'm just wondering where at? i'm okay with "clearancing" the fenderwell and the front bumper. i'm just wondering if it would scrub frame or the rear of the fender, where the pinch weld is.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
It'll rub the frame just a little at full lock when the truck is at ~1.5-2" lift or lower, with 3" backspacing and 16x8 wheels.

Take a look at my build thread in the Offroad section...should be some pics in there, I ran that setup for several years. I don't have photos up of the trim process, but it's not difficult...just time consuming and you have to be careful not to mess up the wiring harnesses on the driver's side.

-Sean

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
by chance do you remember what offset you had? the rims i'm lookin at are 20x9 with 0 offset. i work at a tim shop "rent and roll" so i have all the tools id need to clearance. the lift i'm looking at claims 3 in front 1 in the back. i'm nervous about the frame scrubbin though, i had a taco with a 3 incher and 33 1250's on 15x10 inch wheels. and it scrubbed bad. i just dont want to walk down the same path. i figured i'd upgrade to the v8 and the oppurtunity to buy bigger rims for cheap is here now, so i gotta take it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I am pretty sure you are gonna need wheels with a very substantial negative off set to push them away to the outside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts