Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in san antonio my vehicle 01 tundra has 59,000 miles any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated i barely made it home engine revs with little push from transmission it's got the 5vz-fe engine

·
Registered
130 Posts
I also have an 01 AC.... it clunks and jumps from time to time shifting from2 to 3rd and I just had a few issues w/ hard shifting:eek: mostly going into reverse but just moving the lever was very stiff.
There are lots of threads on this issue.
Mostly the OD gear goes out, some say if you are not covered by warrenty to drive w/ od off.
The last quote I saw was around $2300 not sure if'n that included labor:cry:

I wonder if the 07 6 speed would fit? and what the $$ differance would be.
another member just posted their ?new/ re-build? was toast at 25 K, with luck thay had a 3/36 on it.

Good luck and please post your expierances for the rest of us slobs, would ya:ts:.

Repo

·
Registered
214 Posts
Since you've got the v6, I thought it was a problem with the v8 transmissions? I'd check the fluid level first. Then I might drain/refill and see what fresh fluid will do. Basically anything to hopefully avoid a new transmission. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Since you've got the v6, I thought it was a problem with the v8 transmissions? I'd check the fluid level first. Then I might drain/refill and see what fresh fluid will do. Basically anything to hopefully avoid a new transmission. :eek:
It's an issue with the auto trannys V6 or V8. Manuals use the A340E trannys and the autos use the A340F.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts