Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I'm not hearing much from the Brake forum, so I thought I would check in with the 05-06' model year Sequoia's. There was a TSB for the early model Sequoia, though I'm not sure of the details. From what my dealer mentioned, it was available but the customer within the warranty period would still need to come up with $1500 to complete the upgrade.

So, now that I'm about due for some new pads I thought I would look into the bigger caliper upgrade similar to what I did to my 00' Tundra when it was in warranty. I was interested to see what caliper my Sequoia had, so I crawled under it and noticed it was a "13WL" which is listed as the bigger caliper for the Tundra which replaced the "13WE" version. That being said, I looked up the history on my 02' which was made in 04/2002 and there was no record of the TSB being done...but there were a couple sets of rotors and pads done.

My question is: Does the Sequoia run a different caliper than the Tundra? Is the 13WL the smaller version in the early model? If any of you 05-06" year guys can chime in and let me know what your caliper casting number is, that would be great! It's located on the inside side of the caliper...if you look under the truck. If they are the same as my 13WL, then I'm guessing I already have the bigger caliper. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Let me know if any of the 05-06' Sequoia guys can see the caliper casting number stamped on the inner side. Just have to crawl under the front bumper and look at the caliper with a flashlight...It might be 13WL I'm guessing? Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts