Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my blacked out headlights with halo rings. These are the first one's I've done, and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! what do you guys think? Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Auto part Glass
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Technology Electronic device Car
Red Automotive lighting Vehicle Bumper Car
Finger Technology Electronic device Wire Gadget
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automobile repair shop Bumper
Vehicle Car Light Night Headlamp

I also bought clear corners and put those in. I'll get a better pic of the whole headlight installed, as well as a better pic of the halos running.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a better pic of them installed and on. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Sweet!...I wish I could spend the money on these....

Also, what lights are those you used in the center of the bumper?

AND, my truck is also Sunfire Red, and I've been thinking about blacking out my bumper with plasti-dip....Havent been sure how that much black would look with the red, and if I'd like it...Thanx for answering THAT question... :)

so what did you end up doing with the grille finally?....Black or chrome?...I like the chrome with the black bumper...The black grille AND bumper just seem like a little TOO much black....But thats just MHO...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet!...I wish I could spend the money on these....

Also, what lights are those you used in the center of the bumper?

AND, my truck is also Sunfire Red, and I've been thinking about blacking out my bumper with plasti-dip....Havent been sure how that much black would look with the red, and if I'd like it...Thanx for answering THAT question... :)

so what did you end up doing with the grille finally?....Black or chrome?...I like the chrome with the black bumper...The black grille AND bumper just seem like a little TOO much black....But thats just MHO...
The lights in the bumper are just some cheap fogs I found at Harbor Freight so I through them in. I pulled my bumper off sanded and painted it at my buddies place, but the grill was just plasti dip. I agree it was too much black, Im leaving the dip off the grill.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you wire the halos into a separate switch? This looks like a good project to do I might try this out on my Tundra. How is the light out put though after blacking it out.
Yeah they are ran to a switch in the cab. They are still bright, I lost some brightness but not really that noticeable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Those look good man, but you really shouldn't black out the reflector because it's job is to focus the light beam as well as the light itself.
But if you can see alright and on coming traffic isn't bothered then enjoy bud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.