Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive tried the search and came up with nothing to help me, i have an 02 tundra, and its very fussy playing cds, sometimes it will play perfect, sometimes it will play only one song and none of the others, (the same cd) and it will say err 01. and pop the cd back out. i used a special lens cleaning cd and it still does the same thing... pissing me off. i dont know if anyone else has had this problem?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, look on ebay.
i bet you can find a perfect match that works great & cost's very little.
and will be a direct bolt on., meaning all witng & plugs will match right up.
to try to fix it, might cost you alot more.
good luck,
gorilla

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just put in a head unit from a Scion, model #T1807. Had to do some modification and such to the trim bezel and mounting brackets but the sound is much better than the stock unit from my '00. I have the old stock unit if interested - in great condition, but you'd be better off upgrading to a Scion or an aftermarket unit. Let me know if you have any questions on putting in a scion. I bought mine off ebay for $40 or so.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k thanks, does anyone know what is acutally wrong? or is it just because its getting old?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Well it is ten years old and they were not a top quality unit to begin with. Replace it with one that has some bells and whistles.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
It's just getting old. Mine does it too. Get something else instead...or just get a PIE to plug in to the back, so you can play tunes off your MP3 player. I haven't used the radio, tape deck, or CD player in my stock HU for a few years now, and I'm pretty certain I'll just end up removing the entire HU to make room for auxiliary switches instead...and stick an aftermarket HU somewhere else.

-Sean

·
Registered
819 Posts
My CD player crapped out years ago and this past January I had an Alpine CDE 102 put in with an MP3 jack, USB-port and CD/MP3/WAV player along with FM/AM and put the 3:1 aside. I don't listen to tapes anymore and the USB port is gold, just drag/drop songs into the flash drive and plug it into the USB port and go, easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts