Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started hearing a rubbing noise coming from the front passenger side wheel. It starts at about 20mph and gets faster as speed increases and seems to go away at around 50 mph.

I've replaced the front break pads as well as the rotors and even replaced that front tire with the spare to verify it wasn't the tire or rim...

I'm not feeling the rubbing through the steering wheel or the break peddle. but it is rubbing enough that the front end vibrates slightly.

Any idea what area to trouble shoot next?

·
Registered
31 Posts
So this was happening before the brake work ?
Strut rubbing ?
Wheel bearing ?......usually is a ticking......
Google 'checking wheel bearing(s)'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah, the rubbing noise did start before replacing the breaks/rotors. I thought the breaks/rotor were the initial cause of the noise.
Its more if a whomp…whomp noise as apposed to a clicking noise and the noise is consistent when turning right or left.

I didn’t notice any signs of strut rubbing on the tire or rim…but I will be sure to recheck.
Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I had the same problem on my 2003 Highlander. I finally fount what was wrong. Check the small clips that hold the brake shoes in place on the calipers. I had lost one of the clips which allowed the brake pad to chatter on rough rodes. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts