Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... I'm in the Dominican Repub. and bought an imported 2000 Tundra 4.7L from the US. Turns out is has the 02 sensor error (bank 1 sensor 1). So... am not back in the US for another couple of months... and could get the parts there and bring them back to do the job myself... or so I risk getting a local machanic to try and fix it with whatever parts he can get his hands on?

Is it safe to drive for a couple of months like this?

Thanks!:sad:

·
Registered
525 Posts
i dont see a problem with running your truck like that. your mpg may go down though as the computer wont be getting the necessary information needed to run your engine to its full efficiency.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I don't major problem with that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i would buy two ,one as spare. that sensor in on manifold, you need to take it losse make sure it comes out, you may need new manifold and gasket if not.

·
Registered
917 Posts
You can order the sensor from Amazon.com. Make sure you spray the sensor with some PB Blaster the night before. You will need a O2 sensor socket 7/8ths if IIRC. The hardest part of the job is the Elec. clip. make sure you get a Denso sensor or you will be doing it again soon.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I don't have the answer to your question. I have been told by a very good mechanic that he has sovled many 02 sensor problems by cleaning the fuel injection system. He told me that once he does that and the motor is running correct it cleans the sensors off and the problem is solved. I know the guy knows his stuff and have seen post close to what he told me. May be something to look check out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts