Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have some confusion with the bigger caliper TSB option for the 02' Sequoia. I do know that there was a TSB for the early Tundra to do the 13WL caliper because I did it with my 00' Tundra a long time ago. However, my 02' Sequoia has dealership records for all of its life showing replacement of rotors and pads a number of times, but no mention of a TSB done at all. When I looked at the rotors today, I noticed they were in fact a 13WL caliper. When I spoke to the dealer today, I had him look up my VIN in the system and he confirmed that the TSB was not done....even though my Sequoia was made in 04/2002. He also mentioned that for the Sequoia there was a TSB, but you actually had to pay $1500 dollars for the upgrade if you were still in the warranty period.

I guess my question is: Are the 03-06' model year Sequoia different than the 13WL? Should I not bother to do the caliper upgrade to the later year? My rotors have a lot of miles but appear to be fine, but I am almost due for some new pads and was considering upgrading at that time if the 06' model was bigger. Should I also consider the Brembo smooth finish style replacement rotor? I would like to do it all at once while I'm messing with it. Any advice would be great...thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts